RANT!

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
So, my living situation is this.

I live with my girlfriend and another couple, that makes 4 of us total.

Recently (yesterday) my lady and I realized that all of our roommate's dishes bathroom stuff ect was missing.. This lead us to concluding that they were 'secretly moving out'... I mean.. One day all of their stuff is there, then the next day it's not. This means that if they WERE moving out, they'd have to be up around 4 in the morning being dead quiet and sneaky to move stuff.

For all of you who might not know, moving is a lot of work. A LOT of work.

We called/texted our roommate and specifically asked 'are you guys secretly trying to move out', with a text in reply 'No, why?'.

I wake up specifically this morning at 8, and sure enough I see them moving out. When they see me and that I'm up, they walk out of the apartment.. Not sure where they are now.. Not sure what they were planning on doing... Move out "SECRETLY" and leave a note saying "hey, we moved out"??

I'm fucking pisses, as anybody would be.

Something drastic in their lives better have occurred for this to happen (i.e. unexpected pregnancy, cancer in the family).

UPDATE:

They got home as we were here and they are, in fact moving out.. Without explanation other than 'they're having personal problems'.

pussies.

Are they on a lease or is just paying you the rent through a verbal agreement? Always get a signature if you're leasing, even if you are also living there.

It is kind of sadfunnypathetic they lie outright and then continue to sneak around even though they know you are wise to it. I'd just move the rest of their shit out on the sidewalk with a sign that says FREE on it.

Are they on a lease or is just paying you the rent through a verbal agreement? Always get a signature if you're leasing, even if you are also living there.

It is kind of sadfunnypathetic they lie outright and then continue to sneak around even though they know you are wise to it. I'd just move the rest of their shit out on the sidewalk with a sign that says FREE on it.

Yes written agreement of 12 months.. We've lived here for 2 months. They owe us a ton of money if they do this.

Where's the problem.
your appartement is twice as big now and they're paying half the rent.
win

Just a sad loss I guess. We thought they were our close friends, and then this.. Fucking shitty shit, but you're right. More space.

I'm just not looking forward to having to go through a shit ton of paperwork and court BS.

So what, like friday night they were up when you guys were sleeping and started moving the shit out? damn ninjas, sorry to hear that dude. But if they signed a lease then legally they have to pay what they agreed to.

The problem is, though, any court can order them to pay, that doesn't mean they will. Taxes, alimony, child-support, settlements anyone? I would suggest talking to a lawyer as soon as possible. A court can order them to pay, and they can just as well decide not to pay, regardless of any legal circumstances they will face if they decide not to, and then you will undoubtedly have problems with the apartment management because they are still going to want rent. I don't think "well, the court ordered them to pay though" is going to appease them when they are receiving half as much rent (assuming you guys split it 50/50, but you know what I mean). Just some food for thought.

When my friend and his girlfriend got an apartment a couple years back and they broke up but had 8 months left on their lease, they didn't want to live together anymore, understandably. So he moved out, and after a month she was evicted because she couldn't pay the entire rent, but he wasn't going to pay one dime for a place for HER to live at. Now, he had some issues between the apartment complex and himself, legally, and he was "happy" to oblige, but he he wasn't going to pay while she lived there. Somewhat similar situation... I would just make sure the apartment complex knows what is going on, and talk to a lawyer if you can. At the very least, make it a shit storm for them for ditching you guys with that rent.