Arrrgggghhh, "green" people (a brief rant)

If that is the video I think it is, it made me throw up from sheer amazement and uncontrollable laughter. They would be better off saving puppies.

-Joe

I saw on the Discovery Channel that there was a car that was powered by compressed Air...and it it emits colder and cleaner air.

They just need someone with a high opinion like Jeremy Clarkson to get them to make it look cooler. Or make current car companies get into it.
Then people would want to buy it without any compromise. :)

Jesus I sound like a tree hugger sometimes...

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as being "Green" goes, I turn off all the stuff in the house when no one is home unless I'm using it, and I piss in the backyard and the shower to save water so I don't need to flush the toilet.

Oh man, I really would like to chop down a tree in front of that group.

It's so contradictive here. Last couple of years everybody has been rattling about green house, green car, green whatever... "We really need to save on energy, because we're running out". Now allready a lot of energy here in Holland is generated through windmills and whatever.

Now the fun part is, that last year they were worried, why? There was way to much energy here in Holland, which could overload the Power Engines that hold the energy. Whahahahaha. They quickly needed to export energy to Germany & Belgium cause they had to much...

Anyhow...fuck green..yes I said it... fuck green..

My opinion (and this is probably where my signature makes sense) is that the world has enough humans as it is. trust me...I know, it sounds ridiculous.
But I believe that it's the abundance of humans on the planet that create the insane demand for natural resources. Kind of like a virus taking over, where the more there are the harder it is to control.

If you look at the big picture, Humans are like bacteria that's destroying the earth slowly but surely. Sure, you get good bacteria but the amount of bad far surpasses the good.
There have been movies like "The Day the earth Stood still", "Andromeda Strain" (perhaps not this movie so much) and "The Happening" that have been trying to explain this to people in a fictional sense without trying to sound like "green-heads".

Humans are the smartest creatures on the planet but also the dumbest.
I don't plan on having kids for a good reason, because I feel that wanting to bring a child into a world like this is selfish. It's like moving into a house that's inevitably gonna collapse in on itself.

EDIT: sorry I can see how this would sound beyond crazy to a lot of you. :p

+ 10^5

Totally agree.

Earth is a live entity infected by human bacterias, many people say we deserve to die so the planet can live, otherwise, the planet will die, and aftrewards us all.
Earth know how to keep the balance... if we keep on breeding and population grows, Earth will have his methods to keep the limit by the use of natural disasters. The more we grow, the more disasters will be.

I really think that in less than 5.000-10.000 years, humankind will be extinguised due to his own greed. And in some million years another animal will have evoluted until become another civilizating race. Perhaps rats, that seem to be very adaptative. So we, the monkey-man will be history and rat-men will rule the world.

Then the solar system and our galaxy will collide in a whirlpool of gravity and earth will finally die.

The main problem with all this "green" talk is that most people talking about it seem to ignore the real problem. The worlds population is expected to grow by 50% in the next 40 years, thats quite alot of new people to use up energy/resources/food. Yet people are talking about how we are going to save the planet by using energy efficient light bulbs/recycle old paper, not giving a shit how to limit the population growth.

Of course this is not an easy problem to solve, most of this growth comes from developing countries, were people simply want to get many children to ensure they have someone to provide for them when they grow old. Using "green" products won't save the world, it might make your energy bill a bit lower but the total contribution is ridiculous comparing it to the population growth of 100 million/year.

oh yea, i saw that vid of the wailing hippie bitches a couple years ago... laughed my ass off! sad, but true...

alot of things piss me off about this whole thing, but lately its been that the bloody retailers are taking tried and true, proven products off the shelf to make room for this fuckin fad! for example, i cant find the "scrub-free" bathroom cleaners at several retailers now cuz theyre too busy cloggin the aisles with all-natural, earth friendly cleaners in honey and lavendar flavors. fuck that shit! gimme my industrial strength tile cleaner back! mildew is not removed with flaxseed oil! :yell:

oh yea, i saw that vid of the wailing hippie bitches a couple years ago... laughed my ass off! sad, but true...

alot of things piss me off about this whole thing, but lately its been that the bloody retailers are taking tried and true, proven products off the shelf to make room for this fuckin fad! for example, i cant find the "scrub-free" bathroom cleaners at several retailers now cuz theyre too busy cloggin the aisles with all-natural, earth friendly cleaners in honey and lavendar flavors. fuck that shit! gimme my industrial strength tile cleaner back! mildew is not removed with flaxseed oil! :yell:

Ha, having had the industrial strength shit poured over my face once before, I'm more inclined to side with the green lovers on this one. Shit is not nice stuff.

I was at a gas station last week and had just gotten off of work, so I was still wearing my work shirt. I work for a large oil services company, so among environmentalists (and liberals) I'm not very popular. A woman came up to me (at a GAS station mind you) and said "Oh I see you work for ________. Why do you hate the environment?" She then proceeded to fuel up her vehicle and drive away.

How hypocritical - you criticize me for what I do for a living at the exact same time you're using the exact product I aid in producing. Frustrating, but you really can't explain to these people the fact that they use oil a lot more than just driving their cars.

Öwen;8488986 said:
Maybe, it's still an uber nasty collection of horrible chemicals though.

true, and i guess priorities changes as your life does. ie - if you have kids, youre probably hesistant to have bottles with dangerous chemicals under the sink. but as for me, leave my scrub-free cleaners alone. and i'm sorry, i just dont trust bathroom cleaners that smell like flowers ;)