Arrrgggghhh, "green" people (a brief rant)

I was at a gas station last week and had just gotten off of work, so I was still wearing my work shirt. I work for a large oil services company, so among environmentalists (and liberals) I'm not very popular. A woman came up to me (at a GAS station mind you) and said "Oh I see you work for ________. Why do you hate the environment?" She then proceeded to fuel up her vehicle and drive away.

How hypocritical - you criticize me for what I do for a living at the exact same time you're using the exact product I aid in producing. Frustrating, but you really can't explain to these people the fact that they use oil a lot more than just driving their cars.

Wow, that is just...wow. I would have belittled the shit out of her for that. The nerve of some people really aggravates me.

-Joe

Do any of you remember those Earth Aid concerts or whatever they were...those concerts that when linked together, all went for 24 hours in a bunch of different countries, to raise awareness about this green stuff? I'm a bit shady on the details...anyway...

I remember watching the news here after the Australian one, and there were people bitching about how much power the concerts themselves were using, and that it was disgusting that so much electricity/whatever else, was used in the process.

I just wanted to walk up to them and say "lets see you try raise awareness something to the entire world without using electricity then you dumb bitch".

I don't know if this is really relevant or not, but it certainly confused me a little. :lol: