michael jackson appreciation thread

aramism

Dec 2, 2006
New York, NY
www.myspace.com
ok i don't care who you are, if you were born anywhere around or before sometime in the mid 80's, you know where you were at one point in your life. on your aiwa or sony walkman listening to thriller or bad on cassette secretly dancing a little walking around the house. don't deny it. don't.

there will never be another single superstar in the entire world like that man. he is an unreal artist and from time to time i still listen to a lot of the stuff. fess up people.

when i was a kid i always wanted to be able to dance like he did. never happened except for the moonwalk. :-D

too bad what happened to him.

Yep, MJ is absolutely infectious, and god what a singer - I couldn't care less about his dancing skills cuz that has no bearing on how the music sounds, but I can definitely agree he has talent at it. Such catchy music!

i really love that song he did with janet "scream" i still remember they debuted it on mtv during halftime in michael jordans first game back from his first retirement at madison square garden vs the knicks.

great song and i always loved the chorus.

but aside from that pretty much every song on any album is amazing. though it's played out just listen to "billie jean" and how amazing the vocals are and how on point the orchestration is (thank you quincy jones) that song is basically the best pop song ever if you ask me.

scream is to me one his best song. the percussive effects are really impressive on the song :

the sound designing is great.

Last edited by a moderator:
aramism said:
on your aiwa or sony walkman listening to thriller or bad on cassette secretly dancing a little walking around the house. don't deny it. don't.
Guilty lol

Yeah, I remember seeing some awards and he won "Artist of the Millennium" next to Mariah Carey. lol Think..you can only win that once.

everyone loves m.j...
speed demon is a CHOOOOn imagine being able to play that synth bass line!!

everyone loves m.j...
speed demon is a CHOOOOn imagine being able to play that synth bass line!!

+1

Bad and thriller are amazing albums full of great songs with unbelievable production. I still listen to them. In fact alternating MJ and Meshuggah albums back to back for a whole day is my cure for writers block…

Biggest musical influence on my life.
I was addicted to MJ for years and still enjoy his music. I was even running around taping my fingers with white tape :p
Oh, and my Moonwalk and Bodyspin are fairly decent :kickass:

haha heard the necro tune? you coulda dropped it!!!! haha he wears dish washing gloves. eat balloons, balloons filled with shit.

in all seriousnees i like mj and appreciate his talent. but my sister listened to him WAAAAAAY to much back in the day so fuck mj!!!! slayer and sepultura rule!!!

MJ is the man!

I dont care what he looks like or what they will accuse him of next, his songs are sooo good!
My favorite being dirty diana and beat it.. the guitar riffs on those songs made me want to pick up a guitar back in the days.