Stomp 442 appreciation thread!

First off, those Bayley IM albums weren't that bad. I enjoyed them at the time, and still find some of the tracks enjoyable. Musically speaking, nothing really changed that much on The X Factor & Virtual XI; the big difference was Blayze.

And as for the awesome Stomp, why the fuck can't we have an appreciation thread without the bullshit? I listened to both Stomp & V8 today, and I still don't know why there is so much bitching; they are great albums. Volume 8 has lyrics that seemed to be very personal and introspective to the band. Catharsis is not only one of my favorite Anthrax songs, but one of my favorite songs, PERIOD. And yet I'm certain I'll hear from someone that it's "shit, bad, etcetcetcbrokenrecord."

:headbang:

Catharsis is shit, bad, broken record, etc

Anyone that posts negative stuff in an "appreciation" thread, well your actions speak for themselves, everyone knows it, very easy to do from the security of the inertnet. No need for retaliation.............

Anyone that posts negative stuff in an "appreciation" thread, well your actions speak for themselves, everyone knows it, very easy to do from the security of the inertnet. No need for retaliation.............

I'd like to run an IP trace and see who the fuck Stompmosher actually is. Quite active and quite lippy for someone who is 'new' on here. The bush cry babies are obviously joining with different screen names now. Pathetic.

youre-a-dumbass-thumb.jpg

It was a joke.

I don't like Stomp or Vol 8, but for those that do, good for you.

I'd like to run an IP trace and see who the fuck Stompmosher actually is. Quite active and quite lippy for someone who is 'new' on here. The bush cry babies are obviously joining with different screen names now. Pathetic.

You have a lot of interesting conspiracy theories I've read on this board. By chance do you have an extensive collection of tinfoil hats? :D

Be my guest. I'm not a "Bush" cry baby. I like both eras. I have an open mind. I have never been on the board before. You know what pathetic is?, joining threads that are not associated with your taste in music. You seem to jump into everyone elses threads quick enough without even recently starting your own. I jump in too, at least most of my posts make sense and can make some people think. Start an "Anthrax went down hill after SOWN" thread, or do you fear that maybe you may get 3 replies as there will be no need for most to join that thread..........the only reason you get replies now is because you ruin threads that have nothing to do with you.

You know what pathetic is?, joining threads that are not associated with your taste in music.

Spot on.

Whilst I respect IM09's right to his opinion I am utterly sick to fuck (and I am sure several others on here are too) that since he started on here that he hijacks every fucking thread with a Joey v Bush case.

We get it. We really fucking get it! We got it on day 1 you posted on here. Now do us a fucking favour. Post in appropriate threads, stop fucking hijacking other non-related threads just to serve your own righteous opinion.

I don't begrudge you not liking the Bush era music. I don't begrudge even your own reasoning on where and why Anthrax went downhill. You're entitled to your own opinion.

That isn't the issue here.

BUT man, why the fuck are you insistent on making sure everyone of us know those reasons at every possible opportunity?

Yeah I always liked the Blaze albums. He has a strong, unique voice that cracked a lot in Maiden when he was trying to hit the high notes, but who gives a shit? If you want perfect, overproduced vocals listen to Lady Gaga.

I really like the guitar sound on Stomp, and of course Bush is great, I still feel that the songwriting itself declined with his albums though. Even with amazing label support this album was destined to fail though, it doesn't sound like what people had come to expect from Anthrax, and nothing on here was going to be a 'hit'.

"we're Anthrax and we take no shit, and we don't care for writing HITS"

they were showing lots of aggression on this album which is why I love it. Great workout music. One of my faves. They should have ditched bare and ended it with grunt. But then they would have sold millions of copies and they're not trying to sell out like Metallica.

Spot on.

Whilst I respect IM09's right to his opinion I am utterly sick to fuck (and I am sure several others on here are too) that since he started on here that he hijacks every fucking thread with a Joey v Bush case.

We get it. We really fucking get it! We got it on day 1 you posted on here. Now do us a fucking favour. Post in appropriate threads, stop fucking hijacking other non-related threads just to serve your own righteous opinion.

I don't begrudge you not liking the Bush era music. I don't begrudge even your own reasoning on where and why Anthrax went downhill. You're entitled to your own opinion.

BUT man, why the fuck are you insistent on making sure everyone of us know those reasons at every possible opportunity?

Thank you man. :worship:

Spot on.

So well put man. Don't worry.... us NFMB'ers aren't the only ones who have to read this dickhead's repeated bullshit on every post. Blabbermouth cops "metalimpressiondotcom"'s posts about Anthrax sucking since POT, Rob's beanie, Worship Music isn't going to be thrash enough, Fall Out Boy, RIP Anthrash (so clever for such an old guy)..... the list goes on and on, as he does.

Jesus fucking Christ.... if I have hated a band's output so much for 20 years, the last thing I'd be doing is posting daily about it relentlessly on that band's "fan page".

Life must be pretty fucked up and dull for you, eh IMF09?

Jesus fucking Christ.... if I have hated a band's output so much for 20 years, the last thing I'd be doing is posting daily about it relentlessly on that band's "fan page".

Exactly. Done is Done, nothing's gonna change.

imo it's better than the original version.

as are many Anthrax covers (not sure about Antisocial though)

Agreed! They did so many bitchin' covers in the 90's like Got The Time, Cowboy Song, Auf Wiedersehen, Celebrated Summer, ...even that Beastie Boys cover is cool! IMO their secret is that they never changed the songs too much, just made them their own.