Joe Satriani's tour gear, great vid...

Scottxx

Apr 23, 2009
The greatest player of all times actual live equipment:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-aXH3KOJEQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

:headbang::worship:

i had heard on the grapevine that the JSX was actually designed for George Lynch; and he hated it.

Wasnt that the triple x?

Yup.. and he got pissed of at Peavey because of the way he treated them, so he left for Randall before they got to finish tuning the amp. ;)
Says allot about Peavey actually.. they lost EVH, George Lynch, Dweezil and now George Lynch.

Damn his jvm sounds awesome

I'm sure Satch would be able to get great sounds out of even a stock head, but it's worth noting that that ain't one...

JoeSatriani said:
The engineer Santiago Alvarez at Marshall figured out a way to get them to be big and ballsy.

PremierGuitar said:
Marshall JVM410 (Modified)

{edit} ...which I would have known you knew already if I'd watched the video first. :D

The new butcher is the amp that replace's the jsx. peavey dropped the jsx amp all together early this year.

I'm confused as to how the Butcher is a direct replacement for the JSX in the same way the 3120 replaced the XXX.
Just look at the specs and features, definitely not a direct replacement.

I'm confused as to how the Butcher is a direct replacement for the JSX in the same way the 3120 replaced the XXX.
Just look at the specs and features, definitely not a direct replacement.

The butcher was a two channel version of the jsx. It was going to be another amp in the jsx line before joe left peavey. So they just slapped the butcher name on it and started selling it. heard that from the rep of the company