joey in maiden 1993

ballix

Jun 17, 2011
does anyone know that maiden were looking at the possibility of recruiting joey when bruce left in 1993, a lot of people wanted to see it happen only steve harris said he wouldnt have anyone outside the uk in the band. could he have done the job? i personally dont think so:yuk:

I think he could have done it. Maybe not everything, but but would have suited Maiden better than Blaze. I look at it from the perspective that Blaze still wasn't a main part of the songwriting process on The X Factor and Virtual XI, so at the very least I think The X Factor could have been a much better album if Joey had been in the band (Nothing could save VXI as far as I'm concerned).

The first time I saw Joey solo, there was a Maiden cover band on the bill, and Joey sang Flight Of Icarus and Hallowed Be Thy Name with them. Sounded great.

I see no reason why he couldn't have done the job. Would have been different than Bruce, but I'm sure it would have been damn good!

If Joey got this gig it would've been hilarious to hear the convo between Scott and Joey...

Scott: Hey Joey we're firing you cuz thrash isn't cool anymore and we're trying to keep up with the times.

Joey: Ok, I'll just go sing in IRON FUCKING MAIDEN....peace.

Reactions: n0tmanthrax
If Joey got this gig it would've been hilarious to hear the convo between Scott and Joey...

Scott: Hey Joey we're firing you cuz thrash isn't cool anymore and we're trying to keep up with the times.

Joey: Ok, I'll just go sing in IRON FUCKING MAIDEN....peace.

haha thats gold jerry

I heard that Helloween's Michael Kiske was also in talks as one of the candidates (or maybe it was just media speculation).

Now THAT I would have loved to see!!

Glad that Bruce returned, though.

I actually think Kiske was the third option.

he could have done it ten times better than Blaze did, and I would prefer him to Dickinson too but then again I never liked him. I prefer Di'Anno

My man!

internet_fist_bump_Internet_Fist_Bump-s744x567-67783-580.png

I suppose that Marco Hietala of Nightwish and Tarot was also pretty close getting Bruce's job...he would have been perfect for Steve & co.

T:)