Joey's cymbal samples with SSD4?

selke61

Music Producing Ginger
Jan 25, 2011
I was wondering if there was a way to use Joey's Dreaming Heavy cymbals with SSD4 in the manner that if I made them into .nki's, it would randomize the hits and let you change velocities like it does with Slate's samples. I know this was achievable in SSD3 since it ran through Kontakt. Or if I'm wrong. I don't know. I just want to use his cymbals cause I bought them forever ago and never really had a chance to use them. Only through Beatcraft when I used that ages ago and even then it would only do one hit and velocity. :loco:

What I am basically saying is, does SSD4 allow custom samples like SSD3 did? I've been using SSD4 for a year now, but I never knew how to use custom samples.

Interesting, i know ssd4 allows importing of samples. I'm gonna look into this cause kontakt just fucking blows!

I know you can import files, but it only allows one hit velocity :/

SSD4 won't import kontakt samples. And kontakt definitely doesn't blow if you really know how to use it.

no but it loads wav and some of his samples have wav. plus i bet kontakt can be broken down into wavs somehow.

and yes kontakt always blows. It is so friggin slow and buggy. I have an i7 processer with 24 gb ram and my computer still hates it.