Joeys Gain reduction Plugin Question?

deftones769

Aug 19, 2011
Hey guys

Im thinking about either buying joeys gain reduction plugin or fet style compressor like softube fet compressor. I will be using it for vocals like screams/yells and cleans. Will just buying joeys gain reduction be enough for vocal compression?

Joeys GR is an awesome plugin. I'm letting it handle most of the vox tracks I process. A really easy and CPU-saving way of getting good vocal sound, given they were recorded well.
I've experimented with it using it on drums and all sorts of instruments, it does give a nice edge for some instruments.

Buy it and don't look back, dirty cheap too! ;)

For a handful of styles yes. It's quite versatile. It won't suit all though, but I find it really great.

If you just need vocal compression, what I've heard from this plugin sounds awesome. I actually plan on picking it up eventually because it's so cheap. Keep in mind though that a FET compressor is very versatile and can be used on quite a few instruments well. In the long run it would benefit you to have one.

Its really nice. However, i tried to use it on some badly recorded screams and it almost made it worse tbh. If the recording has a lot of nasty room reflections the hard compression will really bring that up in the mix.