Johan Hegg!!!

drunken fan calling at night, that sound like somebody who frequent this forum in the past, he's a changed person though, I think

Yeah, I asked Johan about the hoodie, since it's very cool, and he said they never sold the hammer one in the US. That was not their choice. If you want one, you have to get it from Europe, in other words. The Euro hoodie is also thicker quality than the US replacement style, I think (don't quote me).

Celtic, I wouldn't worry so much that he doesn't have the time - although that is true, too, what I worry about with Johan is more that some fans really are crazy and do not hesitate to tell you how they will kill themselves unless X happens, some fans really have no perception of time difference when they call from Timbuktu in the middle of the night, some fans do not care that drunken slurring is not entertaining at four in the morning on a work night, some fans take a yard when you give an inch, and sometimes it is difficult to tell which seemingly nice fan is going to not be so nice and post private stuff about you on the net or pass on your addy in their blog etc. I am not saying that all of those things have happened to Johan necessarily, and I guess he could probably answer for himself, so this is just my personal opinion as his sis, but he has a heart of gold and doesn't want to let anyone down, especially not his fans. All I'm saying is that for him to get into something like that has risks. The mySpace page is probably as close to personal as one should get with fans that you don't see all the time, but that's just my opinion. I know other people in the industry (who I am not going to name here) who, like AA, have gone from obscure to reasonably popular (and, in one case, beyond), who made friends with fans when they were still obscure, only to have had those fans physically injure them, threaten them and/or slander them etc years later, since the fan had gone nutty in the noggin in the time it took the band to achieve financial success. It's a friggin crapshoot trying to figure out who's going to do that to you, and I just don't want any of the guys to get hurt physically or otherwise. It's a big world and there are some strage people inhabiting it. Some of them have even posted on this forum... Me for example!

Hehe, always funny to see T jump into 'big sister' mode. :) Though, from my experience, it's not always so much crazy fans that are worrisome, as crazy (former) bandmates. Admittedly, I've never had a band with enough fans to worry about. :p

Yes, I seem to remember his nocturnal calls ... now it seems that ganja and Phil changed his life.
If we're thinking of the same dude, there was a lot more to that story than just MJ and Phil, but yeah, we're probably thinking about the same kid. He used to post intelligent stuff like "ökuasdhf piuf öiwurh piuhpuhpuhrt jjåoiohj hjjj" too...

Aurvandils tá;6491007 said:
Why people always concentrate on the "singer"? In my band its me (of course we have not as many fans as aa ^^) but sometimes it sucks to the other band members :zombie:

well first because hes the one that got the voice, so in show he have the mic so he talk to the crowd, sometimes he/she share the mic with other members.
in AA case though, i think its simply because Johan is the most interrested in going out and having sometimes with the fans? not saying they others arent interrested but, from my own experience, when they were in montreal last december their first show, i saw only Johan. At Graspop, Johan was the first to come up and hes the one with which i talked to. The other crew members were there too but they didnt say a word.
anyway. sometimes its the personal choice of the musician.

Yeah, I noticed that when they played San Diego last december. Johann was the only one to come out to the lobby after the show. They may have comeoput after I left, but I was there a while, so don't think so, whiuch was a dissapointment. I really would have liked to have met the other members as well.

At Graspop, Johan was the first to come up and hes the one with which i talked to. The other crew members were there too but they didnt say a word.

Crew members? What are they doing now? Rowing a boat?

The other guys usually make an effort to come out and meet the fans. I think most often than not, it's Johan that people recognize and flock to. The other guys are a bit quiet so you might have to start up a conversation.

also in the past hardly anybody would recongnize them, therefore not talk to them, so what's the point of coming out and standing there for no reason while everbody else is hangin' off Johan

The other guys usually make an effort to come out and meet the fans. I think most often than not, it's Johan that people recognize and flock to. The other guys are a bit quiet so you might have to start up a conversation.

also in the past hardly anybody would recongnize them, therefore not talk to them, so what's the point of coming out and standing there for no reason while everbody else is hangin' off Johan

Lol, yeah, it kinda shows how hypocrite people are.
I remember seeing AA with old polska redneck here in Tampa and have people ask us if we were in AA as we dined together with Johan and some others.
I also remember the Vader guys sitting next to us and nobody even acknowledging them ... kinda sad for people who have been around since the early 90's.

I didnt meant any disrespect, sorry if its what it looked like. yes they were quiet, but anyway we didnt had much time to start a whole conversation about this and that then. And i recognized the other members, im just very bad with names and good with faces. I tried to start a conversation with Ted, but there was no time to go very far. My experience at Graspop is one ill never forget, because i met the whole AA, Not only Johan, when i showed them my painting it wasnt much the face of Johan i was looking but the expression of the others that were around. and as i said, it was priceless, they are a bunch of great ppl. I didnt meant any disrespect.

well from my experience they are all arseholes! ahhaha nah. All of them are great, Spoke to them all for a long time, I guess though that we did know of each other before hand though did help. But yeah please patric come back to these forums. As we need your drunken ramblings.... Wait no. I once got given patric's myspace page, very weird.
s

I wish I would have got into AA in the earlier years when they didn't have to worry about rabid fans trying to kill them. I know a couple guys here use to actually hang out with all the band (Thomasz and Belgar I think) when they came around to play a show, how awesome would that be.. Florida guys too! Maybe I'll see you in Orlando.