Johan's Top 5 Beers...Currently.

I'll be honest, apart from Guiness I haven't heard of any of them. But some of them sound really nice. Didn't even realise you could get beer with undertones of dark chocolate :lol:

Don't think I've ever had a "proper" beer. Not much of a drinker lately but when I do it's usually lager's like Foster's or Carling just out of pure laziness and that's all the local shop sells.

Would like to taste some proper beers when I hit Germany.

Man, are you ever in Edinburgh? Cornelius of Easter Road has a good selection. Mostly Belgian and Polish, but you get the odd northern European beer.

And Centraal is really good for continental beers. And shite for food now, unfortunately. :(

I have bad memories on Weissbier, so I am gonna be silent to that one :lol:

What do you mean? Like me with Martini, bad experience at age 14 that put me off for life? :eek:

I'm off mainstream lagers for the now. I have been drinking stronger stuff of late so things like Sol, corona or SanMi do not really taste of anything. Ale is good, though.

ESB - IPA
Not sure what is meant here?
ESB is a beer style, as is IPA?

This confused me also (guessing that he did mean extra special bitter?).

Guiness is alrate but overrated as shit. Not really a fan of Sam Adams. Ølfabrikken Porter is great. I haven't had Bedarö Bitter.

Given that yesterday they were in Glasgow and today is a day off, I reckon maybe there is some whisky tasting going on.

Anyone who appreciates good beer and whisky should try Innis and Gunn. It is a beer aged in a oak Bourbon cask and tastes amazing.

http://www.innisandgunn.com/

Not bad for something that was an accident (a by-product of whisky making, actually)

lol... holy shit, i think i can get three of those at the little beer store in this little podunk hamlet i call home...

sam adams honey porter, guiness, and esb ipa....

IF THEY EVER PLAYED CLEVELAND i could hook them up with some great lakes nosferatu IF THEY EVER PLAYED CLEVELAND AGAIN.

HINT HINT