Amon Amarth in India

the_fiend

Dan Swano Fanboy
Apr 22, 2008
Singapore
Seeing as how there are a billion-something people in India who never get metal shows, and there are 300 million Americans who get more metal shows than they know what to do with, ya'll deserve it. :loco:

If I was Amon Amarth I would try hard to go to India on a tour just for the sake of traveling someplace different.

Yeah judging from footage I've seen of concerts in India (Iron Maiden for example) it looks nuts. If I was in an internationally touring band I would love to play to be amongst that atmosphere.

I take it you saw the SBIT DVD. That was like the 3rd time iron maiden came to India. I was there on all 3 occasions and i can tell you that the SBIT one is extremely civilized as compared to the 1st time they came.

Anyways, it's the 1st time since January that any band will be playing in india. And the first ever death metal gig. We've had opeth here but that doesn't really count as death metal IMO. So, this one is going to be nuts too :D

Errr... okay. I heard nothing about napalm death (i don't like them anyways).

And Eastwind festival 2009 will be held on 29th to 31st January 2010 :p

^ :kickass: :kickass: :kickass: :kickass:

You're definitely going to be there! Who else?
Not a whole lot of Indians on UM. So we're not going to figure that out here :p

Why would a 2009 festival be held in 2010?

That's the whole comic thing about it. I have NO CLUE why... Maybe it is because of the fact that it was scheduled for 2009 first and then moved to a 2010. So to have no issues with the contracts or something, and then have the possibility of having Eastwind 2010 in 2010... I dunno really, just guesses..

well thats indian timing... always be late!!!!

btw i too heard about amon amarth from one of my friends... i guess he said some "deccan rock" or something... 8th of december maybe (he was accurate enough to point out the date :lol: )
and its rumored to be in bangalore (or should i say bengaluru :lol: )

man i HAVE to be there...

Yup, your friend got all the info correct, except the date, which is to be 5th December. It's not yet official yet. But if it happens, that's the date.

One of the DEADLIEST GIGS in recent times to hit the city of Bangalore, India on 5th Dec. Shud be the heaviest in this season after MachineHead, Megadeth touched these shores last time around.
Gonna dig a hole front row n wait..

Also, would anyone have any contacts to meet the Band at the press-concert press conference or Back Stage ?

The Cry of the Black Birds is getting closerrrrrrrrrr.....

Seeing as how there are a billion-something people in India who never get metal shows, and there are 300 million Americans who get more metal shows than they know what to do with, ya'll deserve it. :loco:

If I was Amon Amarth I would try hard to go to India on a tour just for the sake of traveling someplace different.

Its all about economics. The poorest American is better off than the richest Indian.