amon amarth part of "metal book: what goes on in your metalhead" need input

sammetalheadz16

New Metal Member
Jan 21, 2012
Hi Vikings! I'm just going around the forums/bands trying to collect info for my book "psychology of metal: what goes on in your metalhead". If you guys wouldn't mind answering a few quick questions about what your experience with Amon Amarth has been, I'll definitely credit your names :)
So 1st, when you listen to Amon Amarth,, do Johan's lyrics have any "hidden" or underlying meanings to them for you?
And 2nd, if you could fill in for any of the musicians, what do you think would be in your mind the most while playing a show?
Last, if you could live in any of the situations Johan describes in his lyrics, which would it be?

you seem more interested about the lyrics than the music, i personally prefer the guitar melodies more than any other thing about Amon Amarth, but the lyrics are for sure a great thing, like Slaves of fear or Embrace of the Endless Ocean, or even my favorite song of all : Doom Over Dead Man which is a prefect song either if we listen to it from a guitar perspective, drums or lyrics or the vocals, it's just a perfect song, IMHO!

So, just another question. Maybe fitting to the psycho orientated thread.

3 kids - first visit at the dentist - dentist does them all the same.
First kid: crying and shouting out loud / dentist: be calm, kid, everything is ok...
Second kid: biting dentist strongly in the fingers / dentist quite angry and complaining...
Third kid: just sitting there / dentist: that kid must be some kind of a stoic....
So, which kid is the Amon Amarth fan? :D