Amon Amarth in India

Its all about economics. The poorest American is better off than the richest Indian.

Not Really. Almost anyone can afford concert tickets, atleast. :)

Besides, that is not the reason for not having gigs here. Metal isn't all that big in the eyes of the promoters/sponsors here. So there's no one to organize gigs. Since we had our first concert back in 2007, it has been steadily improving, though. Just needs a bit more time.

Seeing as how there are a billion-something people in India who never get metal shows, and there are 300 million Americans who get more metal shows than they know what to do with, ya'll deserve it. :loco:

If I was Amon Amarth I would try hard to go to India on a tour just for the sake of traveling someplace different.

Hi Bathory,
I am from india and you are very true. That was an excellent comment. We are waiting for AA. Just to unleash our anger.. I been in to metal from the age of 14, (1994). But it was in 2007 that I got to see an international act. It was Iron Maiden.

Seeing as how there are a billion-something people in India who never get metal shows, and there are 300 million Americans who get more metal shows than they know what to do with, ya'll deserve it. :loco:

If I was Amon Amarth I would try hard to go to India on a tour just for the sake of traveling someplace different.

Is Beijing different enough for you? That's where Johan skyped from today... Yep, this tour is going to some very "different" venues, for sure. Not quite "rocking in the free world", but still rocking out pretty hard I hear! Taipei is next, i think.

It didn't. :(

Bad organization meant amon amarth started playing at about 9:20pm.
10pm is the police deadline for any live events. They did push it to 10:25 but it wasn't enough to complete the setlist. 4 lesser songs were played then what were on the list. :(

It didn't. :(

Bad organization meant amon amarth started playing at about 9:20pm.
10pm is the police deadline for any live events. They did push it to 10:25 but it wasn't enough to complete the setlist. 4 lesser songs were played then what were on the list. :(

it's not the first time that this has happened, were the opening bands taking too long with their sets?

No, the fucked up organizers didn't have things in place on time. The gig was supposed to start around 2 but it ended up starting at 4 30. I wasn't a big AA fan, but gosh they changed my mind. Hegg is a fucking mammoth! And one heck of a showman. Its a real pity they couldn't play a regular set.

No, the fucked up organizers didn't have things in place on time. The gig was supposed to start around 2 but it ended up starting at 4 30. I wasn't a big AA fan, but gosh they changed my mind. Hegg is a fucking mammoth! And one heck of a showman. Its a real pity they couldn't play a regular set.

I'm not saying it's openers' faul, however if the cerfew is known and everything is running late than openers' sets should be shortened and not the main act. Same shit happened to AA here back in 2002 when everything was running late and yet the openers were playing their regularly scheduled sets.

I'm not saying it's openers' faul, however if the cerfew is known and everything is running late than openers' sets should be shortened and not the main act. Same shit happened to AA here back in 2002 when everything was running late and yet the openers were playing their regularly scheduled sets.

openers sets were supposed to be 40 mins each (6 bands)... It was reduced to about 20-25 minutes each, still was very late. The worst organization i have ever seen for a gig...

Look at the cup that's half full not the half empty one! atleast amon amarth ended up playing an hour in India!

what was the setlist, also any special tour shirt? videos? pics?

Well... No. It did not have to be that way. Textures got to play a full set and they were shit IMO. And everyone knew about the deadlines and the start time, blah blah...

Anyways...

Setlist :

twilight of the thunder gods
tattered banners and bloody flags
The Valkyries ride
varyags of miklagaard
hermod's ride to hel
guardians of asgaard
where silent gods stand guard
live for the kill
death in fire

One more... as far as i can remember they played 10 songs... Can't recall 1.

The event shirt was nothing to talk a great deal about...
And i'll upload a few pics a bit later. One of my mates was the photographer for the event and will give me pics after watermarking them... So, i shall upload them then...

Dude, despite not being too big on Amarth, I'm pretty certain that they didn't play Tattered Banners at all. I reckon it was Free Will Sacrifice.

EDIT: Subbu's pics ?