John Bush says he's done with Anthrax

Dredd74

Aug 23, 2003
Illinois
Visit site
Bush; No Anthrax Return » 28 Sep 05

Vocalist John Bush has told TotalRock that he will not be returning to Anthrax. After 13 years with the band, the singer had to step aside earlier this year, when his predecessor Joey Belladonna re-joined the band for a re-union tour featuring what many regard as the band’s classic line-up. But, until now, Bush has remained silent about whether he would consider a return. Now, he’s publicly stated that he will move on.

I knew John had too much integrity to do something as stupid to reunite with those idiots after they treated him like that. I heard that John has been doing voice-overs to make ends meet in the meanwhile and that he is itching to get back in a band... Hopefully sooner than later. His voice is undeniable and he is a cool head.. That show in Phoenix with Saint opening for the Scorps went over well, hopefully there is some discussion to have Saint rolling again. At least for an album/tour or two!!

DELIRI0US N0MAD said:
Let's all keep our fingers crossed.
It'd be my dream come true.

Mine too, since they've made some of my most favorite metal. Symbol of Salvation is timeless.

Mr.s8n said:
I knew John had too much integrity to do something as stupid to reunite with those idiots after they treated him like that. I heard that John has been doing voice-overs to make ends meet in the meanwhile and that he is itching to get back in a band... Hopefully sooner than later. His voice is undeniable and he is a cool head.. That show in Phoenix with Saint opening for the Scorps went over well, hopefully there is some discussion to have Saint rolling again. At least for an album/tour or two!!
Agreed, I would have been disappointed if he had rejoined Anthrax after what they did to him. Props to John.

The Bush I know is with Anthrax, but I've heard Symbol and it does kick ass. So I have a soft spot for Bush-era Anthrax. This same news has been posted on the Anthrax board; is it really authentic? Smells fishy to me. We still don't have a public statement from Bush, for reasons that have been speculated on the Anthrax board. Bush needs to move on, I think; he needs better treatment, period. It would be cool for Saint to re-unite, but don't most of those guys have like 100 other gigs?

By the way, I haven't heard a damn thing about the Scorpions gig that Saint played; how was it?? Was it the whole lineup?

Drokk said:
The Bush I know is with Anthrax, but I've heard Symbol and it does kick ass. So I have a soft spot for Bush-era Anthrax.

Your next CD purchase MUST be Armored Saint's "Revelation"!
From there, you'll be getting the rest of their stuff.........I'm confident! :D
:headbang: :headbang:

I have Armored Saint playing as the soundtrack when I play XBox Burnout Revenge!
Ain't nothing like burnin' down the road at 200 mph slamming traffic out of the way with "Paydirt" crankin'!!!!!

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang: