John Bush Will Be Back and Better Than Ever

Colfrider-666

New Metal Member
Oct 30, 2004
Just wanted to show my support for John Bush and Armored Saint. I'm hoping against hope that this current turn of events turns into a huge positive Armored Saint and/or John.

I love both Armored Saint and Bush era Anthrax so I am really convinced that what ever direction John decides to take will be something to look forward to.

To my knowledge there still hasn't been any word from John regarding his plans and when Joey V was asked in a recent interview he said that the possibility of a new Saint album is in some sort of "quagmire" (his word not mine.

So it seems John truly is taking some well deserved time off and enjoying his family and new baby girl. Good for him. He deserves it.

So here's to John Bush (raises ice cold bottle of Amstel - no, not light) whatever happens and whatever you decide I'm sure it will rock and I am sure it will live up to all your past efforts and, hopefully, supass them in both quality and success.

My personal preferences would be as follows:
1. New Saint studio CD and tour
2. Full blown Saint live CD/DVD pro shot and supported by US tour
3. John Bush SOLO CD and tour - playing solo, Saint and 'Thrax material - maybe the band could include Rob Caggiano (no I can't spell his name and I am not getting up to grab the WCFYA disc)
4. Anthrax studio CD and tour - love the stuff John did with this band. Abso-fucking-lutely love it. That being said WCFYA took forever and with the current reunion I think we'd be waiting at least another 2-3 YEARS (FUCK THAT!) for a new Anthrax album...and God only knows what the reunion has done to the chemistry and relationships between John and the band.

Let's keep things positive and support both Armored Saint and John Bush.

Later
Colf :devil:

PS if you are a metal fan and are looking for something to blow your fucking mind, burn out your CD player and blow your speakers try Tyranny Of Souls by Bruce Dickinson. Fucking killer. :devil:

Colfrider-666 said:
To my knowledge there still hasn't been any word from John regarding his plans and when Joey V was asked in a recent interview he said that the possibility of a new Saint album is in some sort of "quagmire" (his word not mine.
GIGGIDY-GIGGIDY-GIGGIDY-GIGGIDY...Alllllll Riiiiiiiiight! :D

fuck yeah

I much prefer Bush-era Anthrax too

Volume 8 is one of my all time fave albums of ANY band.

John Bush rules !
Andrew
Sydney

Yeah, John will show up again somewhere. Back with Anthrax, Saint, something. It would be cool if him, Joey Vera, and Rob made an album together. As much as I dig Bello, I would've loved to have heard Vera record one album with Anthrax. Oh well.

Dredd74 said:
Yeah, John will show up again somewhere. Back with Anthrax, Saint, something. It would be cool if him, Joey Vera, and Rob made an album together. As much as I dig Bello, I would've loved to have heard Vera record one album with Anthrax. Oh well.

I thought about that as well. Joey V playing on an Anthrax album woulda been cool I guess but I'm not sure Scott and Charlie woulda let him write anything.

To me a huge part of what I think of as Armored Saint is the writing chemistry between Bush and Vera.

That's why I didn't include him in my ficticious "solo" band. If Joey and John are working together than they should just gather up Gonzo, Phil and Jeff and breath life back in to the Saint.

That's not to say that you'd hear me bitch if they just did a Bush, Vera album and maybe included Caggiano. Problem with that is the haters would crawl outa theie holes and start in with the mini-Anthrax comments etc. and instead of being happy that they have both a reunited ATL Anthrax and a John Bush project running at the same time they'd have to turn it into who's better and who sucks etc.

What heppened to the old days when it was just Metal vs. everybody else?? All this bickering sucks. I am a Metal fan. The more quality music that's out there flying the Metal flag the happier I am. Of course we all have preferences but there's no need to piss all over everything else and everyone who doesn't agree with you.

c :devil:

Colfrider-666 said:
What heppened to the old days when it was just Metal vs. everybody else?? All this bickering sucks. I am a Metal fan. The more quality music that's out there flying the Metal flag the happier I am. Of course we all have preferences but there's no need to piss all over everything else and everyone who doesn't agree with you.
c :devil:

Couldn't agree more. :headbang:

A dude that fucking cool, with a distinct and awesome voice, cannot be held down. He'll be back and I can't fucking wait to hear it. The Bush-man rules.

I hope John will be back in some way! But i can't be optimist about a reunion with anthrax...
Maybe with an Armored saint cd/tour (and maybe they will also play some bush-era anthrax song.... :) ).

Boro the Beautiful said:
I'd really like a new Saint record. The reunion record from 2000 kicks ass. Great songwriting, great performances, just the productio work was a bit cheap...
But, anyway, GO JOHN! Respect.

Testify~

John BELONGS in Armored Saint!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're probably all lucky they never turned into a "top 10" band, as they NEVER started/or had the chance to start sucking like a lot of other bands---they were ALWAYS 100% METAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--plus, most bands from that golden era, are no more than "tribute" bands today, with "only" one member left...Don't you hate that shit???????????

John BELONGS in Armored Saint!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're probably all lucky they never turned into a "top 10" band, as they NEVER started/or had the chance to start sucking like a lot of other bands

Agreed.

John could sing any genre. And he would be HUGE. His voice is the one of the all time best of ANY genre. Period.