Anthrax re-recording with John Bush?

Mr Blackwell

Greenface
Dec 29, 2003
Vienna, Austria, Europe
Don't remember where I read it, but there's a rumor that Anthrax are planning to re-record some of their Belladonna era songs with John Bush.
Is there any confirmation to this?
Would be rather cool IMHO :cool:
But I want a new Armored Saint record first! :Spin:

Oops, the answer is right on the official Anthrax page www.anthrax.com.
I checked the website before, but didn't find the desired info.
But I didn't know what to look for. Now I know.
The record will be called Metallus Maximus Aeternus and the band is asking the fans to vote for their favorite tracks online.
Hm, what would I like to hear? Armed And Dangerous? Or some obscure track?
Hmmm...

Thats fukin cool :) I cant wait to hear that shit,John does some of those oldies awsomely .... I remember seeing them last year as in 2002 lol with priest and one of my fondest memories was John Singing Among the living awsome just awsome

If you haven't go on the main page at www.anthrax.com to METALLUM MAXIMUS AETERNUS VOTE box and that will take you to where you vote.

This cd will come along with a dvd of a live performance they just did in Chicago with a few extras from 2 other gigs they did before that show.

sixxswine said:
Am I the only one here that has mixed feelings on this?! It seems like just another band cashing in on their past... Depending on what ends up on the record, It will probably be a a mixed bag...

Well you do make a good point But there are certain songs I can remember from when I saw em live that I would love to have versions of Like Among the living :) And what the hell its an Anthrax record it could be total crap and I would buy it the first day it hit shelves

sixxswine said:
Am I the only one here that has mixed feelings on this?! It seems like just another band cashing in on their past... Depending on what ends up on the record, It will probably be a a mixed bag...
Yeah I'd rather hear John Bush on another AS record ;)

sixxswine said:
What's wrong with a band cashing in on their past? It's a pretty kickass past. At least they're offering something newly recorded rather than 15 different versions of the old material re-released. *cough*Kiss*cough* (Although Island seems to want to allow other labels to release Anthrax compilations, I can assure you the band has nothing to do with those.)

It's very cool how they let the fans vote for what should be on the album. So, that leads me to my next question: how come "Who Cares Wins" and "Gung-Ho" are so low on the poll? Both those songs fucking OWN!!! WHERE'S THE LOVE!?