John Garcia appreciation thread

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
Only took 59 seconds on my first listen of Hermano - ...Only a Suggestion to get goosebumps. Fuck me, John Garcia has got to be one of the most amazing vocalists since the 1970's. I thought Josh Homme was the mastermind behind Kyuss (and everything they spawned), and that may be true, but Garcia was the fucking soul. Over the past year I've picked up countless Unida, Hermano, Slo-burn, and Kyuss albums, and pretty much anything Garcia is involved with turns to gold. Such passion, delivery, and attitude. Awesome stuff.

Hermano is playing in my hometown out in the desert on February 19. Oh shit yes you know I'm there. *insert desert heat smiley*

I have both of them! Even though their third album was recorded 2 years ago it still hasn't been released due to legal bullshit. :mad: x293485793

I'll send you some mp3s tonight. :kickass:

heh.. I was about to post a thread this past weekend about this album.. since I didn't notice that you had made any comments on it yet... but then I forgot to... and here it is.

That new Hermano is nuts, huge improvement on the EP
Garcia's so freakin' intense.

So you've been watching me discover everything related to John Garcia then. :D

O What A Glorious Voice He Has!

hermano_feb19flyer.jpg

I'm so god damn there. :kickass:

I'm not familiar with them, but I guess I will be soon!

I just found out I have to go to some gay ass concert in Anaheim the night before, featuring shit like No Doubt and Linkin Park. But Jurassic 5 will be there, AND the Crystal Method, so I'm hoping John Garcia comes out to play that hit of theirs (doubtful, but you never know). Well, the show is a benefit for the tsunami thing, so that's cool.

even people I know who really like The Crystal Method have told me whenever they see them live its just horrible. I never bothered to ask the reasons.

but if John Garcia did show up, I would say that would even things out

haha, Ramones v. Kyuss. :loco:

Yes, definitely. The rare tracks like Un Sandpiper are pretty kickass, even if most of them are instrumentals. It also has a handful of live tracks as well that are really well done. Half.com usually has it for cheaper than most outlets, the re-issue is a bit overpriced.

Oh yeah, have you heard Slo-burn? That wee EP is Garcia's best performance as far as I'm concerned. If you ever PM me your mailing address I'll CD-R some of this stuff to ya. :Spin: