John Garcia appreciation thread

Heard some samples a few weeks ago, I guess they have released the first single already right? What I heard sounded like generic QOTSA, but I know that Josh had about 70 guests for the new album so I'm expecting a lot of depth.

BTW I just noticed your new signature, brilliant. Who said those?

I've been recommended Portrait of Dorian Grey before, those quotes solidify that I shall read it someday soon. Maybe by then I'll even get the title right, Picture of Dorian Gray.

I dont know of a wittier author. Yeah I saw the 1940's movie of Dorian Grey, it is quite excellent, especially the actor who plays a Epicurean cad. But I was going to read it sometime too. Too many books to read.

Here are some good quotes by him Ive picked out:

My favorite: It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true.

A man who moralizes is usually a hypocrite, and a woman who moralizes is invariably plain.

Nowadays all the married men live like bachelors and all the bachelors live like married men.

Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood.

Crying is the refuge of plain women but the ruin of pretty ones

It takes a thoroughly good woman to do a thoroughly stupid thing.

Women give to men the very gold of their lives. But they invariably want it back in such very small change.

The public have an insatiable curiosity to know everything, except what is worth knowing.

Life is much too important a thing ever to talk seriously about it.

The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.

Life is never fair...And perhaps it is a good thing for most of us that it is not.

One should always be in love. That is the reason one should never marry.

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.

A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.

Faithfulness is to the emotional life what consistency is to the life of the intellect - simply a confession of failures.

I had a cd-r of the new QotSA

after listening through it I yanked it out of the cd player in my car and chucked it out the window. If I would've bought it even I think I would have done the same, just so I didn't have to bother with it ever again.

I was reading about Orange Goblin, who sound cool, and I saw that Garcia sings on two songs on their newest album, I think

Jerry Garcia and his band both suck.

: omgz did he just say that :

...and yes i know where not talking about J-dog.

I think its depressing that most people know Garcia is missing a finger on his picking hand, but most people (in the general public) don't know Iommi was missing the tips of two of his fretting fingers.

Yeah I thought that was the first thing you learned about Sabbath once you listen to anything outside of Iron Man.

I heard the new QOTSA tonight (friend downloaded the unmastered version floating around) and I'd have to say it totally rocks! Has a real mellow bluesy vibe to it.

HERMANO IN 19 HOURS BITCHEZ!!!!!!!!!!!111111111six

Downloaded the unreleased Unida album over the past few days (shit was slooooooooooooow) and OMFG IT RULEZ. If anyone wants it let me know, it's a 77MB .rar file.