John in Metal Hammer (Germany)

My German is not too good but I think I got the jist of most of it. Funny how he his fave & worst album covers are both Maiden (I translated that correctly, right?)

Dazoo666 said:
Funny how he his fave & worst album covers are both Maiden (I translated that correctly, right?)

Yeah that's right, John didn't like the 'Dance of Death' album cover but thought one of the best album covers was 'Powerslave':)

Here is a translation of the questions:)

What was the first album you bought?

Star Wars: The Empires Strike Back
(Metal Album- Powerslave, Iron Maiden)

What was the last album you bought/got?

War Of The Worlds - John Williams (Original Soundtrack)

Which album changed your life? why?

Star Wars- The Empire Strikes Back.
It introduced me to the orchestral world and the world of film scoring.
I have been collecting tones of soundtracks since. It also made me appreciate Metal as it's the only style I can get the same energy as the Film Music Soundtracks.

Which album have you listened to/are you to the most often?

Empire Strikes Back (John Williams)

Which one is your favorite album sleeve and why?

It has to be Powerslave. I am still looking at it (aargggg I cant stop staring at it!!!)
It so well crafted it's unreal!! There is always something to look at.

Which one is the worst album sleeve you've ever seen and why?

I have to say Dance of Death (Iron Maiden) was pretty bad but I dont really look for bad stuff on albums. It just strike me as a half finished CG cover.
The album rocks though!

What album would you offer to your best friend?

Operation Mindcrime by Queensryche. This album is perfect. From the production to the music to everything. There isnt one weak song on this album!!! Classic

What album would you offer to your worst enemy?

Painkiller, but I would first tell him that the album is extremely quiet. So much so that he has to turn his home amp to '11'. Then I will order a Margarita on a club across his house, get a first raw sit and laugh out loud when he presses play and gets blown away by Scott Travis amazing intro!!

Which album would you use to a member of the opposite sex?

Well my other half is onto priest so I would go for Love Bites :p

Which album would you use to seduce of the same sex?

Same Sex?!? Fuck That! :- )

Which album do you listen to while driving?

I don't drive but every time I use public transport I tent to take lots of soundtracks and listen to them. As usually I get Star Wars-ESB (what a surprise huh?) Lord of the Rings first and second film, Dracula - John Williams(1979), Jaws-Williams, Interview with the Vampire (Elliot Goldenthal) and from Metal Master of Puppets and Painkiller.

Which album would you have loved to play on?

That's a good question. I'm not sure to be honest I never thought of it this way. Erm& If I could be a fly on the wall on Extra Terrestrial. Dunno maybe play the triangle or something :- ). It's one of Williams' greatest albums

Name your favorite albums in your parents record collection!

OH Man! Are sure you wanna hear this? OK my mom is Greek so bear with me&
Her favourite singers are (warning: try to pronounce them may cause irreversible damage to your tongue):
Kazandzidis, Poulopoulos, Sakelariou,
My dad loves musicals so I would say his favourite albums would be:
'All That Jazz' OST

Which one is the most embarrassing album in your own record collection?

Erm&gooood question&.I don't really talk that much about my Transformers 'The Movie' soundtrack but I have to say that the only time I got really disappointed from a soundtrack was the music from 'The Girl with a Pearl Earring'

Which song do you generally sing in the shower?

'I Wish I was Bigger' composed and arranged by me ;- )

Someone asks you to recommend a 70s album. which one would you advice?

Sin After Sin- Judas Priest

An 80s album?

Operation Mindcrime- Queenshyche

A 90s album?

Vulgar Display of Power- Pantera

If your band had to be summed up in one of your own songs, which one would it be?

Hard Question man. I would say The Empires of the Worlds

Which non-rock/metal album would you recommend?

I would say War of the Worlds OST but it's hard work to listen to.

Which song would you like to have played at your funeral?

You know I have no idea. Probably I would keep it silent

it was exactly this issue where I got notice of Biomechanical for the first time and the featured CD included "Regenerated"! Usually I listen to the stuff once, but Regenerated made in onto my hard drive where it resided until recently when I purchased both, TEOTW and 8 Moons. Hell...don´t know what took me so long to order both masterpieces!:OMG:

RockinHarry said:
it was exactly this issue where I got notice of Biomechanical for the first time and the featured CD included "Regenerated"! Usually I listen to the stuff once, but Regenerated made in onto my hard drive where it resided until recently when I purchased both, TEOTW and 8 Moons. Hell...don´t know what took me so long to order both masterpieces!:OMG:

Haha:rolleyes: ..that was obviously wrong! The refered interview was in november 2005 issue, but the short Biomech story & featured song on CD was already in issue july 2005. Doesn´t change other mentioned facts though.:cool: