John Petrucci is absolutely insane.

Bryan316

METAL... nuff said!
This man is unhinged from mortality. A god amongst insects.

I've listened to his solo album five times in a row today. And it keeps getting better, every time I hear it!

Wow.

The only downfall I find with this album, is that my lead guitarist is gonna ask the rest of us, "So, when can we learn one of these songs?" and then all our heads will explode.

So fuckin good.... it's like... freshly baked chocolate chip cookies good.... and that's gooooood.....

His solo album isn't really near the top of my wanted to get list for Dream Theater stuff. I still need the first and last DT album....then the new one. And Liquid Tension Experiment is the next DT related stuff I'm getting, then Transatlantic.

Yngvai X said:
Check out Kiko Loureiro's new solo album. Much better than Petrucci's effort IMO.

Kiko's solo album (NO GRAVITY) is fantastic! I also like Patrick Rondat's
latest, AN EPHEMERAL WORLD, although it's tough to find.

As for George Lynch, he's awesome but in a different category these
days, not really doing the technical guitar hero thing anymore...

Neal

George Lynch is a smokin player... But he doesn't hold a candle to JP...IMO especially with the junk he's put out as of late....
The Kiko disc is awesome.. Very cool stuff..
As for Petrucci... I am with Bryan on this one... I don't have words for this disc.. Fantastic is a terrible understatement..That freshly baked cookies is pretty close... lol I cannot get enough of this cd....

I got the new Dream Theater cd, and it badass. I am not a huge fan, but I am a huge fan of this cd. The guitar sounds immaculate and the vocals sound fantastic as well.

Stoink said:
I got the new Dream Theater cd, and it badass. I am not a huge fan, but I am a huge fan of this cd. The guitar sounds immaculate and the vocals sound fantastic as well.

You mean Train Of Thought?

Yngvai X said:
Check out Kiko Loureiro's new solo album. Much better than Petrucci's effort IMO.

I agree there! I can't wait for new Warmen...I know its more keys than guitar solos and that there are several songs with vocals, but their instrumentals are as catchy as it can get. I tend to get bored with instrumental CDs, no matter how good the musicians are, so I really like what Warmen does: throwing in songs with vocals to have some variety.

Stoink must share.

SHARE NOW!

Easily, Metropolis Pt. 2 is my favorite from Dream Theater. Train Of Thought is really burning into the brain of my lead guitarist far too deeply, and we're still all convinced one day we'll cover a song from Awake.

It's weird... recently, I've been picking up quite a few instrumental albums. JP's new release, Steve Vai's Real Illusions, A Jeff Beck album that's just bizarre as hell...

But Petrucci's album is easily the catchiest, strangest, most impressive of what I've been spinning lately. And call me a wuss, but Wishful Thinking is my favorite from it. What a beautiful melody. Heart-warming and dazzling to the ears. Perfect song. And the bluesy jam at the end is such a suprise! I was expecting the song to end, then he just wanks on that geetar for another few minutes. WHY! Because he can. \m/

Such a great disc.

And I got their Official Bootleg of The Number Of The Beast for my birthday. Whoah... it's like a rediscovery of that album...