John West gone from Royal Hunt!

BARfest

Sep 9, 2003
Visit site
Well-- I guess this is no real surprise-- It such a shame they can't get it together--I truly don't think we are ever going to see them in the US--

Royal Hunt and [vocalist] John West have decided that at this time (after numerous albums and concert tours) they are no longer able to contribute creatively to each other’s future musical development. It’s been a hell of a ride, but both parties feel like it is about time to move on and explore different musical paths - therefore, they mutually agreed to part ways as of March 16th, 2007 .

“We’re not ruling out possible future collaborations for a joint venture or a side project” – André [Andersen, keyboardist] and John state - “but it won’t be under the RH moniker.”

John had joined Royal Hunt in 1999 during the recording of the Fear album and he worked with the band until our latest release, the live CD/DVD Royal Hunt 2006. We’d like to express our gratitude to John for a great eight year run and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors."

Wow, that sucks. RH are a great band and John West was a perfect fit for their style of metal. A band i have always wanted to see; this is very dissapointing.

Could DC be on the way back in... I highly doubt that, but it would be pretty cool.

I seriously doubt DC will be back-- I just think its an issue of the other band members not meshing with their singers-- I know it goes way deeper than that--

I seriously doubt DC will be back-- I just think its an issue of the other band members not meshing with their singers

in the case of D.C... it's more of a case of Andre firing D.C. without telling him. he had to find out on the internet. No, D.C. won't be back. :Smug:

WOW that really sucks, but i guess it has been brewing for awhile, after all the cancelled shows last year.

I wish John all the best of luck in the world, and i know he will land on his feet as he is such an awesome vocalists.

What does the future hold for John West? He's one of my favorite singers, and I'd hate to see him out of action. Hopefully, he'll get Vitalij Kuprij's ass in gear so that Artension can become a touring band. Otherwise, I guess he can focus on his solo material and Feinstein.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Met-Al

Big fan of the group. This is a shock. I really enjoyed the live album they just put out. I enjoyed both the Cooper and West eras of the group. My favorite album will probably always be Paradox. I actually bought my first RH albums at ProgPower 4. I got Paradox and The Mission that day.

After Paradox, Andre decided to take a year off from the group. So Cooper went off to do a solo album and Andre did the same. Some people speculate that Andre was jealous that Cooper's album sold more copies than his. Other people say that Cooper wasn't committed to the band 100%. I am going to guess that Cooper and Andre just weren't getting along. So Andre fired him over the net. That is Cooper's side of the story. He has stated that he didn't get a phone call or letter or anything. One of his friends went to the RH site and it stated that he was no longer in the band. His contract was up and they didn't renew it. It sounds like it was close to being renewed, but something must have happened.

Actually Silent Force's new album is out. I will have to get that soon.

I don't know about what happened to the first lead singer. Kjaer and Morgensen quit the band a few years ago. I have not read anywhere where they were fired. Drummer Kenneth Olsen left the group because of health problems. Now he is back. The other drummer Allen Sorensen was a friend of Andre's and filled in at the last moment when Olsen couldn't go. I haven't read anything that his departure was acrimonious. So there is the quick story on Royal Hunt. It took me a little while to look through interviews with the various principals involved. Hopefully RH can get another good singer. I look forward to what John does in the future. He's a good singer. I think Silent Force is releasing an album soon. I got the second and third album from them. I don't think DC Cooper sings as well on those as he did on the RH albums.

What's in John West's future? I'd say pretty much anything he wants. He's one of those guys that could sing for just about any band in need of a lead singer.

So I take it Andre has more to do with the bands flaking than John? Guess that still leaves little hope for RH ever playing PP.

*still expects to see at least 6 threads saying RH should play PP by Dec 2007*