Johnny Cash

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
I can't believe this...
I broke down & bought this "Love" compilation by Johnny Cash.
Actually I had heard it way too many times at work.
You see, it's a disc that they play in the waiting room...
Damn, I never thought I see the day...
Hell, I never thought I'd see the day, where I'd consider buying a Waylon Jennings record...
Now I must look for the Cash "Murder" disc, I will obviously avoid the "God"
disc...

Jonny Cash went well beyond the country genre. The guy was a rebel and a story-teller (folk artist) who thumbed his nose up big time at the institution of American music at his time. There is no shame in enjoying him.

Bryant

Cash is a legend. I need to get those "love" and "murder" discs. You should give a listen to the albums he did on the American label, Sixx. Great great albums!!!

Man I love Johnny Cash his legacy in music will be enduring. The Man In Black was definitely ahead of his time. Live In Folsom Prison is one of the best pieces of music
I ever listened too. The old school Country Music is some best music ever. Hank Sr.
and Jr., Charlie Rich, George Jones, Waylon Jennings and Merle Haggard are always
getting spunned. It's just a crying shame that fags like Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw and
all those other dildo's have ruined the integrity of country music!

Johnny Cash was a fucking icon in my book. One of the most prolific lyricists we have ever seen. May I also suggest you checking our some Waylon Jennings, Hank Williams Jr. and Sr. and Merle Haggard.
And if you want to hear someone who can finger-pick his ass off - check out Ricky Skaggs. it's not really my style or taste - but from a musician's standpoint, he's a talented guy. Just make sure you're not near any livestock when you listen to his music...;)

KMADD said:
Man I love Johnny Cash his legacy in music will be enduring. The Man In Black was definitely ahead of his time. Live In Folsom Prison is one of the best pieces of music
I ever listened too. The old school Country Music is some best music ever. Hank Sr.
and Jr., Charlie Rich, George Jones, Waylon Jennings and Merle Haggard are always
getting spunned. It's just a crying shame that fags like Toby Keith, Alan Jackson, Tim McGraw and
all those other dildo's have ruined the integrity of country music!

Great post! I agree 100%.

HELL MOTHERFUCKING YES!!!!!!!!!! SIXXSWINE has tried on a new pair of shoes, indeed!! I am proud of you my metalblooded brother!!!! There is none greater than sir John R Cash. He is probably my favorite artist of all time...then comes rock, metal, whatever...but you can never have enough Cash. I do recommend the "God" disc too, though. I won't preach to anybody but if there's one thing Cash does well it is convey a level of spirituality without being "holier than thou". He sites God as a source of empowerment, which I think is very cool and inspired me to reconnect with my maker as well. It has meant the world to me.

WAYLON JENNINGS!!!!!!!!! (wiping tears from my eye..) man I can burn you a couple of his "best of's". Any and all Waylon is good, but my favorite track is probably Luchenbach Texas. As a piece of trivia, my dad actually played guitar with Waylon on the Ralph Emery show back in the late 50's...he was in Ralph Emery's backing band. But that's neither here nor there...I am so psyched about you liking some country!

NOW, if I could only convince you that DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN! haha

Some others of interest:

The Carter Family (where it all started)
Jimmie Rodgers (doesn't get anymore old school than Jimmie)
Gillian Welch (the best country artist around today!!)
Junior Brown (his albums are not that great but to see him live is amazing)
Steve Earle (his 80's stuff sucks but his mid 90's albums are great, try "Train A Comin")

I've been trying to find a good Buck Ownes and his Buckaroos best of disc but have had no luck. I think one came out not long ago but I can't find it. Ted do you have any Buck?

Greeno my man you are speaking my language! I do have a Buck Owens best of! A ton o' classics on that one!! And I agree with you on Junior Brown and Jimmie Rodgers!! ALSO, what about ROGER MILLER!!!!!!!!!!!

Want me to burn you some Buck???

Finally, whattayamean Steve Earle's 80's stuff sucks?!?!? Copperhead Road?!?!? That's a ten in my book!

tedvanfrehley said:
Want me to burn you some Buck???

Finally, whattayamean Steve Earle's 80's stuff sucks?!?!? Copperhead Road?!?!? That's a ten in my book!

Man, some Buck would be great!! Thanks Ted!

Have to disagree with you on 80's Earle, sorry. I just can't stand his 80's stuff, I like his 90's more acoustic releases. I saw him do a live solo (just him and a guitar) show that was amazing, telling stories and joking around. He was openeing up for Shawn Colvin who was also doing an acoustic show...... she was mind blowing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her albums suck soooooo bad (to much production and trying to be "rock") but live acoustic she is the master!!

tedvanfrehley said:
BRYANT and I are plotting to slowly turn all of you into rednecks!!!
:tickled: I live in Indianapolis! It's already a done deal!!!
Also for Bryant I was stationed at Redstone Arsenal in Huntsville Al for a couple of years so I used to hang out by the tennesee river alot because
I had some friend that lived in New Hope Al. by a race track so I know those
old country boys can do they can definitlely survive! :headbang:

I'm already a redneck! I grew up in the 70s listening to my parent's 8-tracks of Cash, Willie, Wayon, Rich, Wagner, Jones, Red Sovine, etc. everytime we went camping. Hell, I remember "family night" being all of us sitting down and watching Hee Haw together on television.

I guess all that old country has a soft spot in my heart because they are attached to some very good memories.