Joke between Ayreon and Opeth?

Eoghan

Lime Warrior
Feb 20, 2004
In the Human Equation Liner notes, the Record label coutresy pages refer to Mike:
Mikael Akerfeldt appears with kind permission.

And when special thanks is being given to the bands that loaned singers "Mikael Akerfeldt's band", not Opeth...

Is there an inside joke here?

I bought that album because of Åkerfeldts involvement. In fact I bought the DVD that followed as well :erk: Anyway on the DVD they constantly joke between each other. :D

The Usurper said:
Problems with Opeth's record label MUsic For Nations. They didn't want the name Opeth to appear anywhere in the product, for some strange reason.

That never made sense to me, if MFN gave him permission to appear on the Ayreon album and be interviewed for the DVD, why would it make any difference if Opeth was properly credited or not?

Illnath said:
I bought that album because of Åkerfeldts involvement. In fact I bought the DVD that followed as well :erk: Anyway on the DVD they constantly joke between each other. :D

Thats dvd is brilliant. Theres some real funny moments on it. I like the bit where Mikael is joking about with the keyboards

The Usurper said:
Problems with Opeth's record label MUsic For Nations. They didn't want the name Opeth to appear anywhere in the product, for some strange reason.

That is what I have heard, though Arjen mentions the name Opeth at least once on the DVD.

Evil Ernie said:
That is what I have heard, though Arjen mentions the name Opeth at least once on the DVD.

Indeed, but I doubt anyone at MFN will have made the effort to watch the DVD, let alone listen to the album. I guess it was ok for them to let "Mikael Åkerfeldt" participate in the album, but not "Mikael Åkerfeldt from Opeth"..
By the way, I know this because the info comes from Arjen's personal manager, who posts a lot on Arjen's forum, so I suppose this info is correct :confused:

The Usurper said:
By the way, I know this because the info comes from Arjen's personal manager, who posts a lot on Arjen's forum, so I suppose this info is correct :confused:

Got it from the same source, guess the guy knows what he is talking about.