Jon Levasseur no longer in Cryptopsy

Jon Levasseur

New Metal Member
Oct 14, 2012
Canada
Hey everyone!
Jon Levasseur here and once again, plain and simple, I left Cryptopsy a month ago. From the start, this was the plan for me as I just wanted to do one last album with the band.
Even though I had left the band several years before, I was hurt after hearing "The Unspoken King" for the first time. I always was proud to say I played in Cryptopsy but at that point, I felt all the hard work I put into the band over the years (along side band members) was obliterated in the blink of an eye; a difficult pill to swallow. From my perspective, the idea for this new album was to do one last record touching every era of the band, namely from "Blasphemy made Flesh" to "And then you'll Beg", so the fans could at least have one last real Cryptopsy album and the most important thing: TUK not being the last entry in the book of the band's history! Hopefully, this new record will act as a soothing balm on the wounds from TUK, at least for me it will!!!
Before I go, thanx to present band members for putting up with me for another album, great job guys and we did good!! I want to thank everybody who gave this self-titled album a listen and thanx to the fans for all the kind words following my return. It definitely boosted my motivation in the writing process so my part on the album is dedicated to you: the fans! Hope you enjoy and Cryptopsy will be touring the world so don't miss them when they pass through!! Cheers!

Jon Levasseur

Thank you for at least not allowing that 2008 abomination to be the note Cryptopsy went out on. As far as I'm concerned, you're the only one left who can still make music that is both interesting AND passionate, as in the first three albums. The next two had some good songs, but the passion seems like it started to fade from the music until TUK came along and made my ears bleed. I will give the new album a chance since I've heard it is a big improvement over the last one. By the way, it's nice to see you care enough to thank your fans and personally address them. Respect!