Jon Oliva- Raise the Curtain (review)

Don't put much stock in the compressed sound of the video...it sounds nothing like that in
real cd players. This cd features the final clips of the lost Criss Oliva tapes and the final installment
of the boy wonder's working together. Sadly there are no more. Thanks for the support and I will
certainly pass on all your thoughts to Jon. He might hate the internet but he adores you the fans and
appreciates all input no matter what. Cheers one and all!

I'd be lying if I said that I love the Father Time song. It's a departure for him for sure, so I get that. I'm expecting that there will be stuff that I really dig and stuff that I don't so much.

Anyone going to spring for the LP edition of this?

~Brian~

This is a great disc, a little Savatage, a little different altogether. Surprised no one has commented! It contains the last music he wrote with Criss. I was also surprised to find that Soul Searcher was the song he composed at his workshop during PPUSA last year! :headbang::headbang:

Personally, I really like it as well. It's a mixed bag for sure, but I don't have a problem with that. The Oliva brother's influences comes out in some of the music, plus you get a little of the JOP sound too.

~Brian~