Jaded

There was nothing...
Jul 26, 2003
New York, NY
www.smnnews.com
www.SMNnews.com

Confirmed dates are as follows:

September 9 – Cleveland, OH @ House of Blues (World Series of Metal) w/ THERION
September 10 - Chicago, IL @ Mr. Kelly's Music Club (without JON OLIVA'S PAIN)
September 11 - Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
September 13 - Montreal, QC @ Electrocuse
September 15 - Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
September 16 – Brooklyn, NY @ The Brooklyn Music Terminal (formerly L'Amour)
September 23 - St. Petersburg, FL @ Jannus Landing

More dates will be announced shortly.

http://www.smnnews.com/index.php?subaction=showcomments&id=1125157971&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

BEYOND FEAR, featuring current ICED EARTH and former JUDAS PRIEST vocalist Tim "Ripper" Owens, will be entering an Ohio studio on Monday to begin recording their debut album for SPV Records, tentatively due in early 2006.

Ripper states: "We start with drums and bass on August 29th then get ready for the short tour with JON OLIVA'S PAIN and SAVATAGE axeman Chris Caffery, then we go to Mexico for a few shows, then we finish the CD,"

I'm still recovering from the Cleveland and Pittsburgh shows last week, they were INCREDIBLE!!

Ripper's band is fantastic and that boy can peel the pain off the walls with that voice!

I really enjoyed Caffery's set as well, big surprise after not liking the CDs very much. I'm giving them a second chance and starting to enjoy them more now that I see where he's coming from with the heavier material.

And Jon Oliva!!! That man deserves to be right up there with Elton John!! The songs were amazing and he has a fantastic band to back them up.

This is one of the best line-ups of groups I have seen in a LONG while. Hope they can come through again next spring!

Harry(not the Tyrant) said:
I will see Oliva's Pain tomorrow.Thursday i saw Saxon,tomorrow Oliva and next wednesday Nevermore!How will i survive that all?:headbang: :headbang:
Very nice! I saw Nevermore this summer at gigantour, they ahd an extended set too because Life Of Agony wasn't there. Pretty good live. I would kill to see Saxon live.

Katana Overlord said:
Very nice! I saw Nevermore this summer at gigantour, they ahd an extended set too because Life Of Agony wasn't there. Pretty good live. I would kill to see Saxon live.

Cool!Did they play songs from "This Godless..."?Or Sanctuary stuff?

Saxon really kicked ass!They only played stuff from the NWOBHM area.No wonder;because this tour is called 25th anniversary tour of NWOBHM!:D

I wonder how Beyond Fear will sound? I've read some interesting things about what style it is...I don't care what folks say about Ripper, he is incredibly talented...I think his voice is awesome. Can't wait to hear how it sounds on a new cd.

Whoever see's this show on tour needs to report how the Beyond Fear stuff sounds.

Beyond Fear was awesome, one of the best bass players I have ever seen.

Ripper sounded fantastic, complete control of his voice. Very cool sets!!

Harry(not the Tyrant) said:
Cool!Did they play songs from "This Godless..."?Or Sanctuary stuff?

Saxon really kicked ass!They only played stuff from the NWOBHM area.No wonder;because this tour is called 25th anniversary tour of NWOBHM!:D
They played some songs from This Godless Endeavour, nothing from Sanctuary. Do they ever play anything from them?

I also liek Rippers voice, but I don't really liek the albums he's on. Glorious Burden is in my opinion the worst Iced Earth album and Jugulator and Demoliton compete with Turbo for worst Priest albums.

It's a shame because it's not him who writes the music.