Jon Oliva's Pain tomorrow

NorseBlood

franks n steins
Nov 6, 2013
Smashville
I talked with the band at the JOP signing table after Overkill finished up and asked Chris Kinder if they were going to play anything from Poets and Madmen. He said yes, and added the opening song tomorrow would be from that album. He wouldn't say which song. Another member of the band told me they have had some really good rehearsals and that the new guitarist, Bill Hudson, is every bit as good as Criss Oliva was. He added the performance is going to be very very special.

That sounds pretty cool. I wonder which P&M song it will be. They opened their shows on that tour with Commissar, so that makes the most sense, but you never know.

BTW, Jon and the guys were very cool, and had a great sense of humor. You can tell they enjoy doing these signings. Even though the instructions said two items, I was able to get Jon to sign three: Streets, Maniacal Renderings, and Jon's 90's solo project Dr. Butcher. One of the JOP guys (I forget which) saw the Dr. Butcher and commented that they did play one of their songs live in 2012: Don't Talk To Me.

Great job guys at making the fans feel welcome.

Jon is simply one of the best ever! Drove 5 hours to see Storytellers tour in Raleigh back in Fall! Wish I was there to see one of my favorite all time albums done ! Savatage and JOP are simply legends and have meant so so much to me! I have thanked Jon and told him I love him several times! Not something I do with many musicians! You guys have a great time and write all you can to let us not there know how great it is, please !