Jon Oliva's Pain tonight!

SavaRon

Sep 21, 2004
Florida
I'll be seeing these guys tonight! Should be a great show. Can't wait to see the Mountain King live again. Hopefully I will get some pics and I will post later.

Lucky bastard. :D

I've been told by a local booker than Oliva is (supposedly) to do a show in the Chicago area in the late Summer so that might be something people would consider traveling to. He was supposed to do a date around here last year but the plug was pulled on that so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Well it was another fucking great show from the Mountain King and company. They played about two hours and the crowd was great! I am horrible with set-lists, so I grabbed this from the progpower board. It seems right to me.

SETLIST
New York City Don't Mean Nothing
Jesus Saves
All the Time*
Gutter Ballet
Hounds
Tonight he Grins Again
Strange Reality
Guardian of Forever*
Nowhere to Run*
Thorazine Shuffle
Ghost in the Ruins
The Dark*
People Say-Gimme Some Hell*
Believe
City Beneath the Surface
The Dungeons Are Calling
Sirens

ENCORE
Hall of the Mountain King

* Songs from Jon Oliva's Pain " 'Tage Mahal"

It was great to see 'Thorazine Shuffle' and 'Hounds' again, Jon said he hadn't done Hounds since Criss died. Ghost in the Ruins was unbelievable, they had about a 5 minute back and forth shred fest in the middle of the song. Fucking great. Go see them if you have a chance! I took a bunch of pics, here are some.
PICT1664.jpg

PICT1660.jpg

PICT1528.jpg

PICT1670.jpg

PICT1514.jpg

PICT1667.jpg

PICT1642.jpg

PICT1625.jpg

PICT1602.jpg

PICT1595.jpg

PICT1532.jpg

PICT1529.jpg

PICT1526.jpg

PICT1671.jpg

PICT1672.jpg

Yup, I guess exact same setlist as I saw (including Hounds :)
And I tell again (and again, and again, and again...); if they come near you, just don't hesitiate to buy tickets, this band really is AWESOME !!!

I've been playing Taje Mahal almost not stop these last few weeks and it riiiips!! Just had to switch it out to put in the new Bruce Dickinson...p.s. Best Buy did a no-no and put them out...Pabla scored one, but they confiscated the second one.

kittybeast said:
I've been playing Taje Mahal almost not stop these last few weeks and it riiiips!! Just had to switch it out to put in the new Bruce Dickinson...p.s. Best Buy did a no-no and put them out...Pabla scored one, but they confiscated the second one.

My cousin and I just bought the new Bruce Dickinson at Vintage Vinyl. They put everything out ahead of time. We both also scored the new Thunderstone which isn't due out in the States till like June 26 or something like that.

carnut said:
Yup, I guess exact same setlist as I saw (including Hounds :)
And I tell again (and again, and again, and again...); if they come near you, just don't hesitiate to buy tickets, this band really is AWESOME !!!

I guess he meant on the tour for Hounds! :D