Jon Schaffer about Megadeth tour, new tour, and new Demons and Wizards album

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
ICED EARTH UPDATE: (Press Release) Now that he's had the opportunity to catch up on some much-needed sleep, ICED EARTH's Jon Schaffer shares his thoughts about the recent tour with MEGADETH:

"I think we made some new fans for sure. The reactions we got from the crowds were great! The Megadeth guys were cool and treated us with much respect. I couldn't believe some of the distances some of the fans traveled to come see us--5 to 6 hundred miles from other states. Their dedication is incredible. It's awesome to experience their loyalty. Something that was definitely a highlight was meeting a Navy Seals team that came to see us in Norfolk, Virginia. Their team captain told us they trained on their obstacle course to Iced Earth's music, and we've been officially invited to visit. They know we're real patriotic and we've always had a special rapport with soldiers due to "1776" from the Something Wicked album. Actually, our first European Tour coincided with Desert Storm. When we flew over it was still called Desert Shield. By the time the European Tour was over, we flew back with soldiers who had listened to Dark Saga. We're looking forward to headlining and playing a longer set here once we get back from the European tour."

January 17th kicks off the phenomenal 5-week Feel The Horror tour in Hardenberg, Netherlands and work has
already commenced on their headlining North American Spring Tour. With a short respite before ICED EARTH
travels to Europe, Jon is using his time (a rare commodity these days) to work on new Demons & Wizards material.

While it's slated for European-only release, three thousand copies of Dark Genesis, the special 5-cd deluxe box set which includes remixed & remastered versions of the first three studio albums (Iced Earth, Night Of The Stormrider and Burnt Offerings), the Enter The Realm demo, and Tribute To The Gods (cover versions of the band's favorite songs), will be available through Century Media's Mail-Order for North America in December. Tribute To The Gods will be released separately worldwide in Spring, 2002.

I saw that, could someone explain to me WHY the hell he is working on Demons and Wizards stuff when Iced Earth just got a bigger break in the states and they are looking for a new label?

Demons and Wizards sold better than any Iced Earth album but he should be concentrating on Iced Earth. By the time they get a new label and do the negotiations and so on, its gonna be freakin ages before they have any new material out. Not good.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

I wish I lived in Europe.