New Demons And Wizards album...

spawn

Apr 14, 2001
Drummer Bobby Jarzombek (ICED EARTH, HALFORD) has issued the following update via his official website (www.bobbyjarzombek.com):

“Hey all, We're already two weeks into the New Year - high time to fill you in on what's been cooking and what's in store for the immediate future.

Last month I flew out to Tampa, Florida to record my drum tracks for the new DEMONS & WIZARDS CD. This was my first time recording at the famous Morrisound Studios and it was great working with Jim Morris. He's an excellent engineer/producer and gets some KILLER drum tones. Jon (Schaffer) and Hansi (Kuersch) wrote some real cool songs for this one. No release date as of yet though. Another album I recorded drums for a while back, Rob Rock's AFM debut Holy Hell, should be out in April. My Halford band mate Roy Z co-wrote the tunes, produced and plays guitar on it so you know it's gonna rock!

Speaking of recordings, I recently did an interview with the Brazil Under Ice Iced Earth fansite where I commented on several of my favorite CDs that I played on. Here's the link: http://www.icedearth.com.br/novidades05.php

For those of you that don't know, I released my drum video, Performance & Technique, on VHS a year and a half ago. Well, after a year of shooting new footage, editing, authoring, contract negotiations, etc. - it's finally done: My instructional drum DVD Performance & Technique has just been released by Warner Bros. Publications and will be making its debut appearance at the NAMM show this week in Anaheim, California from (Thur.) Jan. 20th - (Sun.) 23rd. P&T will be getting heavy rotation on the TVs in the Warner Bros. Publications booth (#3500) - so stop by and check it out.

The DVD version of Performance & Technique contains footage not included in the original VHS version including 4 bonus segments and PDF transcriptions for DVD-ROM. I will update my website in a couple of weeks with complete descriptions of the new segments and a link to order the Performance & Technique DVD.

Last but not least, I will also be making a couple of personal appearances at the NAMM show. I'll be at the Vic Firth Sticks booth (along with a few other drummers) at 3:00pm on Saturday doing a signing session and I'm also performing a drum solo at the Pearl Drums booth at 10:00 on Sunday morning. See you there!

Later, Bobby.”

In the interview he says the following:

13-You will be the drummer for the 2nd Demons & Wizards album? Tell us something about this record, how is the recording, compositions etc.

I spoke with Jon last week and the guitars and bass tracks are done and Hansi has finished the vocals also.
This record will be done quick. There is a lot of variety. Some crazy fast stuff, a few mid-tempo tunes that have strong melody lines and great hooks, and a couple of ballads that are very deep in subject matter. It's definitely a record that listeners will want to spend a lot of time with because most of the songs are multi-dimensional in dynamics and tempos which I think gives the CD a lot of character.

:worship: :worship: :worship: Not long until it comes out then hopefully :headbang:

And...

6-Are you participating in something related to the new album of Iced Earth?
Jon's talked about some ideas that he has for the next Iced Earth CD. A concept. That's about it. Now that the Demons & Wizards stuff is being wrapped up I'm sure we'll focus on IE material.