Jonathan Talan leaves TM/Guitarist Wanted

The Apparition

Porpoise McSalamander
Dec 22, 2004
Sydney
Guitarist and co-founder of Transcending Mortality, Jonathan Talan, has decided to leave the band for personal reasons. We'd like to thank Jono for all the years of hard work and dedication he has given to TM and we wish him all the best. Jono will be issuing his own statement shortly.

Any guitarists interested in auditioning can email us at tmortality@yahoo.com.au

Hi all

I am sorry to announce that as of this moment I am no longer a member of Transcending Mortality. This was entirely my decision and was in no way anything personal, I consider the guys in TM to be my best mates and that’s certainly something that isn’t going to change.
The honest truth is that my heart simply hasn’t been in it for the last few months. At first I kind of refused to accept that it was happening to me and continued on anyway, but have realized that you can’t do this sort of thing unless you are 100% into it! This is still a very sad moment for me even though it is the right thing.

At the moment I’m simply taking a step back to enjoy music from the listener’s perspective. It’s possible I may get back into it myself at some stage, but I’m just not entirely sure right now.
I’d like to thank the fans for their amazing support and the other guys in TM for all the great times and memories. It really has been a privilege and I wish them the best of luck in the future.
See you round :)

Speak of the devil :lol:

What're the odds of at least playing a farewell show with the band before cutting the ties once and for all? Surely it's a worthy cause!

Argh! This news saddens me!

At least it's all on good terms though. :)

Best of luck to Jonno in any future musical endeavours and best of luck to TM finding a replacement worthy of filling Jonno's shoes.

Speak of the devil :lol:

What're the odds of at least playing a farewell show with the band before cutting the ties once and for all? Surely it's a worthy cause!

You just wanna get all emo like and have a cry don't ya Ferret!:)
Jonno is really gonna be missed and although i would love to see him farewelled onstage it's his decision and he may just want to slip out the door quietly for use of a better term.

Thanks for the good times Jonno! You've been a very very important part of the band and also one of the reasons the band has achieved as much as it has.
Good luck with everything you do cobber!:headbang:

Maybe Shane and I could play the whole British Steel album live in Jonno's honour:kickass::kickass::kickass:

Edit : Piss Off Ferret you fucker :)
British Steel? I'm offended. Jono is a Sad Wings man. We would either have to play the whole of Sad Wings or at least Sin After Sin. :kickass:

:( This is big/sad news! I found out yesterday through Josip and I was completely shocked! Just ask him!

I would audition in a flash but my heart is with Pandora right now.

I wish TM all the best and hope you guys can find another sickunt guitarist to replace the legendary Jonno. It will be a hard slog for you guys to find someone perfect but I wish you all the best. :)