Vocalist Lynn Allers and guitarist Marc Hanson are out!

Dustin

C-C-Cool Beans!!!
yes, it's offical now....

Concerning Lynn, I’m sure everyone out there knew something was going on when we had Norman Skinner of the Bay Area based band, Imagika, filling in for our CD release party. It seems kind of obvious that something is up when the singer that recorded the album that is being celebrated, is not taking part in an important event like that. And then when our band is enlisted to back Ronny Munroe of Metal Church as his band for his solo gig too boot? Yeah… something is certainly amiss

Sadly, it had come to a point where Lynn's time and dedication to Katagory V was no longer a priority for him, and we could see it in his attitude for some time now. This was probably one of the harder decisions we've had to make as a band, but ironically, this situation has been a long time coming. In the end, we really cared about Lynn as a friend and about him being in the band, but we knew it was time to make a change.

With Marc, it was almost the same scenario concerning his dedication, only he has decided to leave on his own accord. It finally came down to him having to make some hard choices, and due to minor musical differences and many conflicting factors in his personal life, Marc has officially decided to part ways with Katagory V.

These decisions have come as a huge disappointment for us in Katagory V, and we are certain many of our fans will be disappointed as well. However, we will look ahead, carry on and continue moving on to the next chapter of the band! There were a lot of good times and memories with Lynn and Marc in the band, and there is no doubt that both of their contributions made them an integral part of Katagory V during their tenure. We wish both of them the best in their future endeavors.

Now with a vacant guitar and singer slot, we are now ready to move on, and are looking to find a new, more versatile and highly motivated vocalist and guitarist as soon as possible. Interested parties, both locally and nationally, can contact the band directly at vocalist@katagory5.com for more information on the vocalist slot and guitarists can address the band at guitarist@katagory5.com

:(

It's a pity, especially for Lynn which is a great vocalist and was a trademark for the band.

Yes indeed it is a pity. In this case, the saying "you can drag a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink it..." would describe teh situation pretty well. :erk: :cry:

...from what we understand, he has pretty much "retired" from the music buisness - but ocassionally sings for a local Black Sabbath tribute band once in a while when he finds the time. Lynn now spends most of his time hitting golf balls, riding his bike and running his resturaunt that he and his wife own in Downtown Salt Lake City called Esters - great place to stop in and eat if anyone happens to be visiting SLC.

Why I quit the band...

Here's a quote from Dustin from the utahmetal.com forum.

"Marc on the other hand, took a hasty exit after the Ronnyy show, which we saw comming months ago. A pity really, he's the nicest guy in the world, and one of the best players in Utah, he just want's to live the "wine & cheese" lifestyle with the job he has and play guitar when he feels he can make time for it. "

It's true sadly. I've hung up the axe to become a professional wine and cheese taster and I've traded my Soldano for a beautiful silver fondu set. Lately I've been throwing swanky parties for where a bunch of us hipsters stand around in black turtle necks, smoke clove cigarrettes, and discuss who's got what on display at the San Francisco moma. It's fabulous!

Actually the real reason was for minor musical differences - meaning I was tired of playing minor key songs all the time, which is a major problem, since I would like to play major sounding songs instead of minor songs, which makes it a major problem involving minor music. Or something.

Admittedly, I was using work as an excuse since I didn't want to let the guys down, but that "wine and cheese" comment cracks me up. Sure, if I do my job well it's Pinot and Brie - sometimes, however, it's 2 buck chuck and a stack of Kraft singles.

Anyways, I'm playing guitar more than ever and have a couple of things musically on my plate (along with a nice slice of muenster), and I've chatted with Dustin, so it's all just chedder under the bridge..I mean water under the brie...Cheese is in the hand of the brie holder!
Har! This post is no gouda!

Well, there you have it. Now if you excuse me, this this wedge of roquefort is not going to eat itself. Or is it?

* I don't know what happened to the text size during this and I'm too lazy to figure it out

Wow. Sad news indeed. Still, it's good to see that the remaining members of the band are looking to carry on, and I'll still be here for ya, Dustin, kicking around somewhere. I'll try and make that more frequently... ;)

Keep us updated on future projects, Marc, and all the very best of luck to you, mate. :)

I told Dustin I had to brew up a snarky response to the his post. Hopefully the tounge n cheese...cheek came across.

I love those guys and will miss all of them..Especially YOU, Scarecrow!

…at this time, all I can say is that we are still going through the audition process for guitarists and vocalists. We have narrowed it down to a select few singers that sent us their material, and a few who have great potential. Sadly, we are still working through the guitarists, which has not been quite as productive and taking more time than anticipated.

We will hopefully have something more solid to announce in the next two or three months, once we have had time to work with those that we choose to fill the vacant slots, and to make sure they will work out before we announce them.

However, we will be releasing some unrelated news in a few weeks concerning the current status of Katagory V!

Newbie to the Kat-V forums here (though not a newbie to the music!) Thought I'd pop by to check on official announcements regarding vocalist and guitarist auditions. Glad to hear things are going well on the vocalist front. I'm a bit suprised it's so hard for you guys to find a good guitar player, though.