JORN - LIVE CD FROM PROGPOWER USA DUE SEPT 21?

Or does anyone else think that having a couple of songs on the PP DVD might have been a good tease/promotion for this upcoming live album? Not sure I understand the thought process on the "marketing" decisions made here. I think JL blew a good chance to get himself some free press (that could have reflected back onto the Fest even more).

jeff

I wouldn't rule it out. Glenn has always been a lot more professional than some of bands. I imagine that if Ark makes sense for the good of the festival sometime in the future, we'll be seeing Ark.

Although what I really want is Allen/Lande. With two albums under their belts, you'd think a couple of shows would make sense now.

I guess this move scraps any brownie points Jorn 'ole boy got for stepping up to replace Nevermore last year.

Ah, the drama. Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives...

I wouldn't rule it out. Glenn has always been a lot more professional than some of bands. I imagine that if Ark makes sense for the good of the festival sometime in the future, we'll be seeing Ark.

Although what I really want is Allen/Lande. With two albums under their belts, you'd think a couple of shows would make sense now.

Ditto.

I think in a way it would give the festival some advertisement since it states Progpower USA, i still hope for an ARK reunion at PP take your time Glenn, and i would like the live CD to have the Dio cover, i really loved that version

Frontiers Records will release JORN's "Live in America" two-CD set on September 21.

Recorded live during Jorn Lande's (ex-MASTERPLAN, ARK, YNGWIE MALMSTEEN) first-ever concert in the USA at the ProgPower USA VII festival in Atlanta, GA where he performed as headliner of the day on September 16, 2006, "Live in America" features a wide selection of songs taken from his solo albums, collaborations and a mindblowing WHITESNAKE medley.

"Live in America" is a permanent testament to Jorn's capabilities as an entertainer and to the incredible power and strength of his now legendary shows. The album also includes three studio tracks: a brand new recording of the title track of his third solo album "Out to Every Nation", the BLACK SABBATH medley "Lonely Is The Word/Letters From Earth" and the previously unreleased "Sacrificial Feelings".

The lineup featured on the album includes Jorn Lande on vocals, Tore Moren and Jörn Viggo Lofstad on guitars, Steinar Krokmo on bass and Willy Bendiksen on drums.

The album will be exclusively available in a lavish digipak edition.

"Live in America" track listing:

CD1:

01. We Brought The Angels Down
02. Blacksong
03. Duke Of Love
04. Are You Ready
05. Cold Sweat
06. Drum Solo
07. Out To Every Nation
08. Guitar Solo
09. Straight Through The Heart

CD2:

01. Godless And Wicked
02. Soulburn
03. Devilbird
04. Perfect Strangers
05. Gonna Find The Sun
06. WHITESNAKE Medley: Come On / Sweet Talker / Crying In The Rain / Here I Go Again / Give Me All Your Love
07. Out To Every Nation (2007 version, studio track)
08. Lonely Is The Word/Letters From Earth (studio track)
09. Sacrificial Feelings (bonus studio track)

:err: So was it really necessary for Jorn to not allow the "Stars" performance to be captured on the PP DVD ... since it is apparently not being used on his CD and would be a much bigger hassle for his management to coordinate all of the approvals from all of the bands involved vs. what it would have taken Glenn to coordinate said approvals for that performance.
I mean I love Jorn and enjoyed his performance at PP and will probably purchase this live CD and/or DVD when it comes out ... but I think I speak for most when I say "WTF?!?!" o_O :rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but is the song from the Battle not included on here for some reason... I don't think I'm that bad with song names and just dont recognize it. That's disappointing though.

It also does not list Stian as a drummer on the album....I don't remember exactly what songs Willy played and what songs Stian played, but it seems like Stian's performance was cut. Weren't there 2 drum solos, one for Willy and one for Stian?

There were also 2 guitar solos, one for Tore and one for Jorn Viggo. Only one is listed on the track listing. I'm not saying people's individual solos are the important thing, but if the CD is being advertised as the "ProgPower performance", it should be the entire fucking ProgPower performance, not just "Selections from Atlanta..." as it should be called