Jotun-In Flames cover

wyllie

^^ Why-Lee^^
Sep 19, 2007
Glasgow,Scotland
www.myspace.com
First up i've gotta say Colin Richardson's eq settings are the shit!

the run down for this is;
DFHS-Drums
Spider Valve+Impulses-All guitars
Di'd+Ampeg Impulse-Bass

Now for the song....Its Jotun by In Flames, you'll find it on the Whoracle album.
It's got alot of changes in the drums and so added harmonies that the original doesn't have...but that was my intension.

As for the mix be as brutaly honest as posible BUT dont just flame without saying why, please be constructive :)

http://media.putfile.com/Jotun2-In-Flames

-Wyllie

God I love this song, nice choice dude, but you gotta spend more time learning it, eek! (sorry, it's just always jarring hearing a song I've listened to hundreds of times suddenly played...ahem...differently ;)). The drums are off, and pretty much every riff is close, but not perfect. I'm an IF maniac, so I get touchy :)

As for the tone, I like it; a little on the grainy side (not so much fizzy, but above that frequency-wise), and still sounds pretty digital; it worked for that Bloodbath-esque song you did (which you still need to fix my solo on, by the way :mad: :saint: ), but I'm not feeling it so much here.

well ill be honest...i didnt expect...that.

I could maybe see what your saying about the intro/outro, but everything else is exactly how in flames themselfs play it so i duno what your hearing...Would like to know tho! :)

I totaly see what your saying about the mix , i thought it was great at first but the more i listen the more aids seem to come out :( fuck it! im not mixing at home again on these shitty monitors!!! they LIE :mad:

Its all good cuz i can take my stuff to college and use the muuuuch better set up there....They have Genlecs, that pretty much bumfucks my rig stupid.

okokokokokokok ill fix that song very soon dude :saint:
I was waiting for the vocals, I've been informed they'll be comin pretty soon.
If you didnt allready know the vocalist is the monster that is Trevor Marks :oops:

I don't think he meant to bash you, nor do I, but what he said is true. The drums (especially at the beginning) are way off, and the fills don't fit to song. The riffs are close, but to say that it's "exactly how in flames plays it" is pretty bold. Most of the phrasing and intricate timing of the riffs isn't there. Not trying to be a dick but it doesn't sound anything like In Flames plays it to me. It is a great song, and one of my favorites.