In Flames - Pinball Map (full band cover)

ArsMemoria, I know, man, it´s such a classic song that it´s quite odd to listen to it without Anders´ vocals (it also happens to me :D), but anyway, I´m glad you liked the sound of the production.

MoTang, thanks! I´m glad you liked it and specially the kick sound. All drums aren´t edited, but kick, snare and toms are enhanced with samples, but I tried to make them sound not too artificial.

Cheers!

please dude raw tracks! great song and great production! i think vocals doesn't fit but maybe its just me! keep up!

I´m willing to post them, but I´ve got to sort them out, clean them a bit, etc. and I need time for that (I´ve been/am very busy right now), so please, have a little patience.

By the way, the vocals doesn´t fit because of how I sang them or how I mixed them? I don´t like my growls very much, but the melodic vocals are not that bad, are they?

Love a good in flames cover!

First thing that sprang to mind was that the low end was out of control slightly. Seems like it might need a bit more pinning. Hard though, the low end on that album was gigantic.

Great job on everything though, all the instruments and vocal were fuckin awesome.

Thanks, Kev!!

What would you do to control that low end, and what frequencies do you think are annoying? I also think it sounds a little muddy due to that low end, but as I really like the mixes fat and with body it´s an issue I´ve always have to deal with. And as you said, the Clayman production was awesome (at least for my tastes) and had incredible amounts of bass.

I´m glad you liked the instrumental and vocal performance. I had the pleasure to work with some awesome musicians!

Cheers and thanks for the input!

I´m willing to post them, but I´ve got to sort them out, clean them a bit, etc. and I need time for that (I´ve been/am very busy right now), so please, have a little patience.

By the way, the vocals doesn´t fit because of how I sang them or how I mixed them? I don´t like my growls very much, but the melodic vocals are not that bad, are they?

I don't think your vocals sounded bad at all, just different in the growls. The melodic vocals were pretty on point, imo. You guys nailed the instrumentation.

Hi, mates! I´ve managed to upload the raw tracks, finally!!! It has taken me some time to clean the files and sort them...I´ve updated the info in the first message with "instructions" and a DL link. Hope you have a great time mixing!

TheXBucket, the amp used on the Axe was a Dual Rectifier, it sounds great for a lot of genres.

ArsMemoria, I get what you´re saying. I really don´t know how to growl properly, I´m more of a melodic singer, so that´s why it sounds "odd". Thanks for the instrumentation part, man!

ArthurD, the same! :D

Cheers!

I think something's up with the bass, it sounds like all the track contains is a recording of the band in a recording studio next door to me...

Guitar DI's are really low in volume as well but I can deal with that.

Updated! The bass track also had all the rest of the tracks sounding in mono...Sorry!

And if you use it in Youtube, Soundcloud, other forums, etc. please post info about Jotun Studio and my name on the description.

Thanks and hope it´s ok now!

Think there's still something off with the bass, unless it's just me, the timing seems off during the start of the breakdown where it's just the right rhythm guitar, when the drums kick in the first time the bass is off :S

Uploaded again, with the bass fixed (again :D)

I hope it´s all ok now, hahaha. Just let me know if there´s another issue. And if not, have a good time mixing!
Thx Jotun25!
Time to test my new beast! :D

11294362_365701983628338_123500243_o.jpg

Stay Metal!