Megadeth - Angry Again (full band cover) Mixing Feedback

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, friends!

After a period of inactivity I´m back with another cover: Megadeth´s Angry Again, featuring Micky Vega on guitars (endorsed ESP player, in bands like InMune or Tao), Emilio Kanina on drums (former drummer of Stingers) and myself on vocals, bass and audio/video production.

All guitars are reamped using Axe FX II´s ENGL Savage sim and I used SVT sim for bass, and drums were recorded live (no edition in them, just some sample reenforcement/replacement). Please, let me know if you like the mix or not, and which things should I pay attention to in future occasions.

I hope you like it, subscribe to my channel/FB and share it

Reactions: AndyBelyash
Perfect cover! Excellent performance and very well mixing and mastering. Sound similar to modern Megadeth's sound.

Thanks a lot, man! Glad you liked it that much.

I tried to mix and master it so that it would sound a bit rounder than 93' Deth, closer to what they sound like nowadays, but without hearing anything from them, just from what I "recalled"

Cheers!

awesome performances, great tone and quality one thing i suggest is to create more energy and life in the mix. I know not the easiest thing to do but other than that awesome work!

awesome performances, great tone and quality one thing i suggest is to create more energy and life in the mix. I know not the easiest thing to do but other than that awesome work!

Thanks a lot for the feedback, man! What you commented is not an easy thing to do, but I´ll take that into consideration for next mixes. Do you have any suggestion on how to make or which specific points to improve?

Cheers!