Megadeth - Skin O' My Teeth (full band cover)

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, mates!

I just did a Megadeth cover of Skin O' My Teeth featuring Yeyo Fernández on lead guitars and 66Samus on drums. I played guitar AND bass (before you say anything about it, though I had no time to shoot my bass takes) and edited, mixed and mastered.

I hope you like it!

Reactions: sinquestsound
Hey, thanks for the views and comments.

Ferranms, glad you liked it. Muchas gracias!

Vihaleipä, thanks, man. Glad you liked it overall. Yeah, I think they sound a bit off too, but I was tired of this cover (it´s been on hold for some months) and just didn´t want to re-record anyhing (though I should have done it)

Haha, Stevie T goes Megadeth. I think the intro riff is played wrong too, sounds like you are missing a note or something?! But other then that it's pretty cool, the vocals needs volume automation! they disappear here and there. Now other then that it's cool! :D

Hahaha, do I look like Stevie T or what? :D

I know what you´re saying about the riff, but I tried to play it as I without listening to it again, and I should have. Regarding volume automation, thanks for the tip. I´ll try to look closer to those details in next recordings. Thanks!!

Thanks a lot, man!

I used Axe FX II for guitars and bass. Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier with a Marshall Cab with a R-121 mic and SVT for bass with its cab.

Drums were real played I think (not sure, since the drummer recorded himself and I got some weird tracks, OHs with no hihat in it for example), though I replaced kick and snare with my sounds, and hihat too. his toms were triggered too, using some Toontrack Metal Machine sounds. I also used it and Metal Foundry for my sounds.

It all went to Cubase 8 and mastered with Wavelab.

Hope it helps ;)