Pantera - Cemetery Gates (full band cover)

Jotun25

Apr 27, 2010
Sevilla, Spain
www.jotunstudio.es
Hi, friends!

Here you have my latest cover at Jotun Studio: Pantera's Cemetery Gates, featuring such great artists as Siegfried Song at vocals, El Pequeño Carlos (Little Charles) at guitars, Emilio Kanina at drums and myself at bass and audio and video production.

We didn´t tried to recreate Dimebag´s signature sound, but what we tried is to get a tone that sounded trebly as his, not as modern as today´s tones.All electric guitars and bass were recorded using Axe FX II, and drums were real, not edited and had some sample reinforcement using Toontrack's Metal Machine mainly.

I hope you like it and share it, and any feedback on the cover or production will be appreciated.

Last edited:
Drums are spot on, great job on those!!! Vocals are amazing, he's a great singer! I Don't really dig the distorted guitars' sound, plus I think they need to be louder, drums are overpowering 'em IMO, anyway you did a very good job!

Drums are spot on, great job on those!!! Vocals are amazing, he's a great singer! I Don't really dig the distorted guitars' sound, plus I think they need to be louder, drums are overpowering 'em IMO, anyway you did a very good job!

Thanks for your comment, man!

Glad you liked drums and vocals so much, both are killer musicians. Regarding the guitar sound, I prefer a less trebly sound, more tending to a Mesa or ENGL Savage sound, but we tried to get a tone similar to Dimebag's. I also take note of the volume thing, thanks!

Cheers!

Reactions: DIYistkrieg