Judas Priest: Nostradamus

I got the Best Buy exclusive limited edition super deluxe box set, which include 2 CD's, 3 vinyls, poster, hardcover book & code for free ticket to masters of metal tour. It's not the typical Priest album, songs are a little longer and more complex. There's also quite a bit of guitar-synth, though it's done in a classical way, not like on Turbo. I think it's a really good album, very modern sounding and unlike anything they've done before.

This album is a real sleeper ... no seriously, this album put me to sleep. I appreciate they were attempting a concept album, and the story is thick and complex. Too bad some of the best Metal guitarists in the world couldn't put a sharper edge on the music. This is a near complete waste of Polycarbonate plastic, and certainly doesn't justify a double album, perhaps a couple singles or an EP.

Good grief, if only Glen and KK would have broken loose into something dangerous or exciting, frenzied. Although their undeniable talent allows them to effortlessly lay down a subdued background track, there is nothing worthy to pin a tag of "Great" or even "Good" on this arduous, boring piece of musicality.

Good thing this album was discounted, it's a waste of money. I won't even bother burning a copy for my Vehicle, it won't get much playtime.

got the trip vinyl 2 cd poster ect ect, but like swan said it is a sleeper, very slow paced, a few upbeat rockers, but not enough for my taste.

relly dig the new disturbed :headbang:however, and the new motley crue is growing on me,not thier best either but more listenable than priest.

I bought it and its a album that has to grow on you i would say, almost like i don't want to say it, but AMOLAD was the same way, something unexpected not a total what you expect, but sometimes a band wants to try to go outside there realm and try something. Don't be surprised if there next album isn't back to good ol' Priest Metal

A definite skip.

This CD is no better than the horrendous "Turbo" and "Ram it Down" CDs.

There is little or no Metal on this at all. It is mostly just slow Opera.

There are maybe at the very most 7 good songs on the whole thing, and there are 25 songs on there.

Very mediocre CD.

If you want to get into Priest, by all means listen to Painkiller, Screaming for Vengeance, Stained Class, Sad Wings of Destiny, British Steel, Live in London 2-CD set, and Unleashed in the East.

Stay far away from "Nostradamus".

I just got Nostradamus and I am about to listen to the whole thing all the way through in its entirety. I have to build some furniture here for a couple hours so this is a great opportunity to listen to the whole thing. I will post my review after. I am real pumped. I have a feeling this will be great! I'm big into concept albums.

WOW! MY GOD THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!! Best album of the year hands down! Amazing!

How could anyone have given this a bad review? This is like an epic opera!

This is Judas Priest of the 21st century. A whole new style of music. Very very intense. Good for them to not be held down by genres.

I'd say if I had to compare it, its a little DIOish. Somewhat Heaven and Hell album meets Operation Mindcrime meets Dream Theatre. Halford's voice was a little different than usual. He sounded like Neil Diamond a few times. Did anyone catch this? Haha. Still great!

Its not the kind of album to put on in the background at a party or to listen to daily. Its more like a musical play. An opera really. Don't try and relive the 80s or hope to be headbanging. Its more like real art, and they did a fine job! I was doing some furniture assembly while listening to it, so I haven't gotten to read th lyrics yet. I can tell though the story is definitely intense. Best album of 2008 no doubt! This is amazing! I really like the direction Priest is going in. This is my style of music! Very intense powerful rock. Good job guys! Can't wait to see you in a month and a half!

f you haven;t heard this yet and am not sure if you should get it, I highly reccomend it. Sit back, dim the lights, grab a few beers, maybe a bong rip, and just relax and enjoy the musical opera. Its a very mature rock album. Don't expect mindless headbanging and much air guitar playing.

Brilliant work!

Me personally, I really like this album. Some days call for pure headbanging (Painkiller) and other call for a more relaxed pace (Diamonds and Rust).

I am also tainted because i swear i am a closet homo, since i would go home with Rob Halford in a heartbeat. My wife and I really did go cruising the gay bars in San diego looking for him.

Honestly, i really like the album and i have always loved all of their stuff.

DuckJr

Judas Priest Nostradaus so fuckin epic! Its like Goth meets metal. Sisters of Mercy meet Screaming for Vengeance!
Halford is incredible!

Priest rules!

Fuck yeah!!!!!! Rock muthqa fuka! With Dio in a few weeks! Metal up yo mutha fukin ass bitch!