Judas Priest & Scorpions Uk Tour 2005

exxie

Sep 29, 2004
Great news Priest & Scorpions together on March 19th 2005 Get tickets quick for this one Birmingham NEC :hotjump: :loco: :hotjump: :headbang: ;) Hope you all you Saxon fans will be there!!! If not then you are not rock fans (joke)

exxie said:
Great news Priest & Scorpions together on March 19th 2005 Get tickets quick for this one Birmingham NEC :hotjump: :loco: :hotjump: :headbang: ;) Hope you all you Saxon fans will be there!!! If not then you are not rock fans (joke)
These are excellent news for every metal head. I'm planning to go to the first London show at Hammersmith Apollo. And I hope they will come back to Barcelona again.

Thanks for the update, Exxie - I'm gonna do my upmost to get to the NEC gig to see Priest!

Is Rob Halford fronting the band? The last I hear, he was working with Sabbath on their tour.

Any idea of a new Priest album or stuff in the works?

I don't know anything about The Scorpians - I will have to find out a bit of info if they are there supporting Priest!

yes he is fronting the band and Scorpions are great you must listen to Blackout album and love at first sting,Also their new album unbraekable they rock so will you trust me!! ;)

Hi,

are you sure Scorpions are opening? Actually I doubt that. That whole billing is confusing me big time. I believe more that Priest is the support...wtf.

:ill:

KellyM said:
Hi,

are you sure Scorpions are opening? Actually I doubt that. That whole billing is confusing me big time. I believe more that Priest is the support...wtf.

:ill:
You are very confused. Judas Priest are the headliner for absolutely sure. Scorpions are the support act. Judas Priest are by far more popular in the UK than Scorpions. They will release a new album (the first with Halford in 14 years) on January 31. Judas Priest did a kick ass Reunion Tour last summer in Europe and USA (I went to 2 shows) in arenas of +12,000.

I expected a Judas Priest+Saxon tour, but Scorpions (legendary german metal/hard rock band) are a killer support too.

Almogaver, I am not so confused bout that. Actually I'm a huge Priest fan.

If the Scorps are really the supporting act for Priest I am baffled. Not because I like them more (far from it) but compared to the Scorps Priest are rather small businesswise. And even if that is different in the UK I would consider it a very weird marketing gag.

Once again, I don't say that because I like the Scorps more than Priest, just because I oversee the business a bit.

Edit: Ok, I checked the scorpions' page and now I am baffled.

:D

OTOH, might have happened that the endless flood of ballads from the Scorps finally put a hold on their sales, their sales in the UK must really stink it seems.

Scorpions havrn't produced a dicent album afte Alien Nation back in the early 90's nowadays they are turning in to lovely fags! Priest's albums after Painkiller are not of my taste but at least they are METAL albums. It's fun fun fun to be no1 ??!! Give me a break Scorpions are DEAD for over a decade face the facts!

I dislike their last records as well. But from the business point of view they are not dead. And actually it doesn't matter if I or you like their records or not. Because if I dislike some band, that doesn't make them less successfull.

They still earn with airplay more a month than most other older bands, hence, they should be able to start a decent marketing campaign and do at least a small headliner tour.
Money shouldn't be a problem for them at all in any case. That's what I don't understand, I would like to know the reasons for that decision.

What are you talking about Kelly M? Scorpions better business than Priest? In England??? Scorpions came to Barcelona last July. They filled a venue that holds 3,000. Judas Priest came in June: 12,000 people. The same in USA and everywhere. Even in Germany: Scorpions played at Cirkus Krone in München (3,000), when Priest will play at Zenith (8,000 I think). Scorpions opened for Priest at the Arrow Rock Festival last June...

Is more popular "Unbreakable" (good album indeed) than the first Priest album with Halford in 14 years is gonna be? "Unbreakable" charted 145 or something in USA. We'll see Priest's (Top 20, sure) Is a good business Judas Priest as a support act of Scorpions in England? I don't think so. Scorpions can't do a 10-date tour in England as a headliner (two shows at Hammersmith, and several more in +10,000 arenas). Judas Priest can, and they don't need airplay to do it.

Hi,

you missunderstand me, I am not saying that Priest should be the support. I'm puzzled by the fact that the Scorps aren't able (or willing?) to put up an own headliner tour anywhere.

Open Air's are different, but Scorpions playing as support for Priest is like saying "We're done". Like a confession that they're just another broke, old band.
Only thing I've said is, that with the money they still make they should be able to come up with something better than supporting.

KellyM said:
Hi,

you missunderstand me, I am not saying that Priest should be the support. I'm puzzled by the fact that the Scorps aren't able (or willing?) to put up an own headliner tour anywhere.

Open Air's are different, but Scorpions playing as support for Priest is like saying "We're done". Like a confession that they're just another broke, old band.
Only thing I've said is, that with the money they still make they should be able to come up with something better than supporting.
You're right, but being the support of Judas Priest is an awesome thing, even for Scorpions. For me is one of the best line up's possible for a concert.

And don't forget that Priest and Scorpions are good friends and toured together several times in early 80s.

It wasn't a shame for Saxon to open for the Priest in London (in December 2001 I think). Two legendary bands playing together is a dream for every metal fan.

Are you mad,Scorps have made great albums and still make great music.Priest also.To have both together is fantastic they both can out play most of the new bands going round.It will be good to hear all the classic songs.Remember this is a one big party to celebrate N.W.O.B.H.M. not American rock or Swedish rock or nu metal or thrash or black metal,etc etc etc Judas priest must headline they are british(English) just like Saxon!!!! they have my respect because they are still making great music.And don't forget Maiden soon also!!! So you just get out there and rock'n'roll :OMG: :OMG: :OMG: :headbang:

DAMN!!

I know that it's all about your personal taste and your oppinion but SCORPIONS ARE DEAD!!!!! I Accept that they made great records in the 90s and below, especially in the late 70s early 80s but i CANNOT AND WILL NOT ACCEPT THAT THEY MADE GOOD ALBUMS after Face the heat, period!!

I have a friend (prokopakis- pakis) that used to be the most fanatic fan of Scorpions. Have all their records even liked the next album after alien nation (don't recall the name) but he accepts that they have a major downfall in their carrer. To say that Scorpions are still great and everything is sooo beautifull is a discrace first to yourself and after that to Scorpions.

I repsect their carrer but i'm not blind to see that they are (well ok at least until now) burning out. Are you?

Sorry no burnout!! If they are Dead so are all the others inc Saxon,not many good bands at the moment from UK or else were.Well there are some but i bet you bands like Scorps will blow them away live.Maybe not so much by albums.Ask yourself how many bands are left from 80's heavy metal era anyway? Your friend has got to old and forgot just how good real rock music is!!! Give me names of some great new talent and i will give you my honest opinion.eye to eye i agree not to good,unbreakable though is good have a listen!!!!

Sapator, please show me the quote where I said "Scorpions are still great (and everything)..."

Read what I've written.

I wasn't refering to you Kelly i was talking in general.

Also exxie. I DID not say that new bands are better than Scorpions. This kind of mysic is only reproduced from old bands like Saxon,Scorpions DefLeppard (megadead too!!).
But Scorps stopped doing what they did on the early 90's so if you want to engage yourself with ghosts that you problem. For all the others they are DEAD!

Well i am going to the gig and have a great ball.Never to old to rock if Status quo can still pull it off then anyone can!!!