Judas Priest tonight at Jones Beach, NY

The venue is at Jones Beach on Long Island. I believe they do not sell beer because it is a state park. I've found it difficult to even tailgate there. Security busts your balls if they see bottles or cans. I was only there twice in 2000, and I'm not rushing back any time soon. All the sound goes right out to the Atlantic Ocean. Awful venue IMO.
Yah, that makes sense that it's because a State Park. Still think it is stupid rule and a lost opportunity in revenue for them.

But as for tailgating and such, I didn't see security really crack down on tailgating etc. In fact i was drinking beer in my friend's car when a cop passed by us and saw me downing a beer... and didn't say anything, kept driving. So I guess it depends on who you come across in that venue.

As for the sound, it was great imo but then again maybe that is because of where we were sitting. We were at ground level just right of the amps.

Anyways because of the beer issue i told my friend that from now on let's go to shows at Nassau Coliseum, Madison Square Garden or over in jersey...

Anyways because of the beer issue i told my friend that from now on let's go to shows at Nassau Coliseum, Madison Square Garden or over in jersey...

Besides the fact that I'm green with envy because I've never being (or will be most possible) to a JP live gig, while you cry about beer :Smug:, have you people ever considered going to a concert just for the music?

I don't recall even to have drink water on a concert to avoid losing my spot because I have to go in the middle of it (it's all about sphincter and mind control :lol:). The only difference maybe PPUSA because you can ask someone next to your seat to keep it for you while you drain the lizard.

Great! We go on Aug. 2nd and Aug 5th. Can't wait!! How does Whitesnake sound?

I've never heard of a venue (as large to hold Priest etc. shows) that doesn't sell beer...isn't that how most venues make their money, beer food and lots more beer?

whitesnake sounded great in detroit last week and they put on a high energy show...the band jammed and dave is a great frontman..there's a reason why he's been around for 35 years...:headbang: priest playing british steel complete was awsome...be prepared though, as they play alot of more obscure stuff instead of the big songs...:headbang: