Judgement The Best?

the moog

New Metal Member
Oct 1, 2004
Hi all. My name is Simon and I've been into to Anathema for about 3 yrs now. After buying Alt4 and A Fine Day To Exit I decided to get Judgement. MY GOD is this album AWESOME. From the opening riff of Deep to the closing refrain of 2000 and Gone I was hooked, especially when I heard Wings of God. The song breaks at about 3 mins 16 secs and goes into the best instrumental piece I've ever heard. It's epic, melodic and beautifully played. After reading some posts on here I've drawn the conclusion that some people don't like this album much, which I completely fail to understand. My opinion is that it is their finest work and more people should buy it as a good introduction to a fantastic band. :worship: May Anathema rock forever. :headbang:

the moog said:
After reading some posts on here I've drawn the conclusion that some people don't like this album much, which I completely fail to understand.

i for one think lyrics are the worst thing about this album. the songs danny wrote are excellent just like anything hes written/composed, but the last few tracks of the album go nowhere in my opinion. sometimes you got a boss music bit but the lyrics are awful ('emotional winter' anyone?). i find 'a fine day to exit' much more interesting.

Ah, the only thing really awful about that track is the title, WoG and Anyone, anywhere on the other hand, yaiks.

You're very articulate tonight, Mehdi.

breaklose said:
do you mean my posts dont mean shit usually??? :puke:

I eman you usually use less words to express yourself. Or maybe I was coming onto you, these are desperate times.

(and none of that smiley, it startles me, same with the Frodnat one)

I think Judgement is the best. The only song on it that I'm not too fond of is Wings of God. But this is the order I'd place them of the ones I have: Judgement, A Natural Disaster, Alternative 4, The Silent Enigma, Eternity, A Fine Day To Exit.
But I think a good introduction, which you don't need, but for anyone just starting to listen to them would be to buy Judgement and Silent Enigma because the work is different enough that they kind of can't be compared...earlier and later.

Antimatter's Savior is good too, very nostalgic, reminds me of many different sounds, thoughts, moods from my past. Can't compare it to any other Antimatter cause it's the only one I have.

Alt 4 is the most different of all, it simply just stands out on its own, start here > Alternative 4, then move left, then right :D