Judging a book....(part 2)

Personally, I can't stand Disturbed.

I'm with you on this one. Have never understood the appeal of them. To me (and I know I'll get blasted for this considering all the Disturbed love here) I find most of their songs to be redundant and sound just like the next one.

Personally, I can't stand Disturbed.
They are certainly environmentally friendly, because they recycle almost as much as Jon Schafer does. :)

They are kinda the modern metal version of AC/DC: you pretty much know what you are going to get from album to album. But it is quality stuff, so the fanbase keeps coming back. Personally, I like them.

And for those who think Kahn is a trailblazer, I offer you the original chameleon, the mother fuckin' TYRANT!!! :headbang:

Man, I don't see enough of Jag Panzer. Unfortunately, the last time they were in town they were the first band up and halfway through their set by the time I got into the venue.

I'm with you on this one. Have never understood the appeal of them. To me (and I know I'll get blasted for this considering all the Disturbed love here) I find most of their songs to be redundant and sound just like the next one.
While I can appreciate a non-fan seeing it this way, here are two things to consider.

1. Their sound is distinct. Anyone who sounds like them, is said to be ripping off Disturbed, not the other way around. Unfortunately, the one downfall of having a distinctive, original sound, is all your material has that distinctive sound. Consequently, it has a sense of sameness, especially to non-fans who don't spend enough time with the music to hear the nuances.

2. Disturbed's has been evolving their sound quite nicely since the beginning. I'd actually go so far as to say, Disturbed changes things up more, album to album, than most of the bands we discuss around here. Unfortunately, this newest disc is the first disc where no such progression took place. It's a definite step sideways.