Julie alongside Rob Halford, Kip Winger, Mille Petrozza, Charlie Benante

I was glad to see Katatonia's new offering on there - recommended by Julie, no less! - sad to see My Chemical Romance on there at all, and REALLY sad to see that the only mention of To-Mera was by Julie's name. Transcendental is pretty much the best, most forward-thinking album of the year. In any case it is pretty cool that Julie was asked. Thanks for the link!

REALLY sad to see that the only mention of To-Mera was by Julie's name. Transcendental is pretty much the best, most forward-thinking album of the year. In any case it is pretty cool that Julie was asked. Thanks for the link!

Transcendental is also my favourite album of the year, though I think Ihsahn's "The Adversary" is a good contender. These are my highlights of 2006.

I like To-Mera obviously, but I think Ihsahn reached such a level with The Adversary... this album is unbeatable IMO.

What surprises (not in a positive way) me the most in that article are:

Eric Peterson from the mighty TESTAMENT picking MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.
Anneke van Giersbergen from The Gathering picking Justin Timberlake
Nygard from Turisas picking Christina Aguilera

Well , its 'artistic' value is highly arguable to say the least , but production and performance-wise the Christina album (the second CD alone) is phenomenal IMO.

My personal list would include all the mentioned above (Transcendental , The Adversary , The Locust Years..) alongside the latest from Maiden, Agalloch, Enslaved, Aghora, Battle of Mice and Unexpect.

One question... checking the article again I felt like.... Julie's list was the best? Can anyone mention a better list than Julie's? Besides incredibly talented, she has an amazing musical taste.

I would agree with that. Since Transcendental isn't on the list and neither are Unexpect's or Thy Disease's brilliant 2006 offerings, the much-sought title of 'Best list on the list' ought to go to Julie.

What surprises (not in a positive way) me the most in that article are:

Eric Peterson from the mighty TESTAMENT picking MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE.
Anneke van Giersbergen from The Gathering picking Justin Timberlake
Nygard from Turisas picking Christina Aguilera
I can sorta understand Justin Timberlake for Anneke... The Gathering does sorta have a 'poppy' sound at times, and I'll be honest, whatever song he's got on the radio isn't all that bad.

There's no excuse for Eric or Nygard, though.

I think I will keep my Testament's "The Gathering" album spinning and forget about their next CD. Is that too radical? I think it is. I'm obviously going to hear their next album. But I truly hope they don't try anything to sell out.

And I agree with you Sepsis, Anneke's choice is completely understandable, although still surprising. But c'mon... Turisas listening to Aguilera and Eric Peterson from the mighty Testament listening to My Chemical Romance? I guess they're just trying to show how distinct and ecletic they may be. What a shame... instead of sounding ecletic, they sounded dumb.

What a shame... instead of sounding ecletic, they sounded dumb.
:lol: agreed VERY much... My Chemical Romance hardly makes me think 'eclectic.' It reminds me more of lonely, rotund goth chicks who work at Hot Topic and write comedically sordid poetry about crows and tombstones and how much life sucks.
If they wanted to sound eclectic they could've mentioned Unexpect, or even To-Mera for that matter...

it's hard to pick only 3 albums. But some lists there are really horrible. Julie's list is a fine exception to that, fortunately.