July single "physical" CD release

I also pre-ordered it from Snapper. It was supposed to ship from the 9th, and airmail usually takes a few days (often a week or so). Thankfully, they are usually very fast, and probably shipped the singles out on the day of release. I'd not be surprised if they arrived within the next three days or so.

Definitely looking forward to finally hearing those B-sides.

Got it yesterday, and man oh man is Unfurl good... on it's way to becoming my favorite Katatonia song ever.

I received mine today. I really like the remix, especially the intro...! A powerful reworking indeed.

"Unfurl" is brilliant. Dark, flowing, almost trip-hop-tinged. A style they've not quite used before. I would buy an album with songs in this vein. I wish at the least the band would write more songs like this.

As for the release itself...the usual digipak single, simple but classy. I am curious -- did anyone receive one with a disc that was black on both sides (like some copies of the other The Great Cold Distance singles and album)...?

As for the release itself...the usual digipak single, simple but classy. I am curious -- did anyone receive one with a disc that was black on both sides (like some copies of the other The Great Cold Distance singles and album)...?

I was wondering this too. I haven't gotten my copy yet so I can't say. I guess yours is a silver disc? Perhaps MadTinus can tell us if his disc is black or silver since he just posted a picture of his July copy in another thread.

Got my copy a few days ago. My favourite on this one is (should I say of course) Unfurl.

My (very short) song review

July - great - nothing to add, because everybody should know this song by now and like it
Soil's Song Remix - ok, but I don't think that I will hear this version often
Unfurl - amazing - as good as I was expecting it because of other people's positive threads and postings. It really has something I can't describe with words. Makes it alone worth for buying the single (at least for me)

As for the artwork: It's as good as the other TGCD releases and fits the music very well. For the silver disc I don't care very much, as I look at that side only when I get new CDs to check if there are scratches or something.

I'm very excited for things to come...