Junior Senior - guilty pleasure extraordinaire

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
Anyone heard this group? I gave D-D-Don't Don't Stop the Beat my first listen today, and my reaction was quite mixed. While they're undoubtedly ultra-catchy, and seem to have all the needed elements to be one of the greatest '60s and '70s pop revival acts ever, they're also extraordinarily obnoxious and cheesy (on this album anyway). Maybe I just have to adjust, though.

If anyone's heard the second album, let me know how they think it compares to the first - particularly in terms of maturity. Apparently it got pretty good reviews.

I remember my friend a couple years ago showing me a song by them that was pretty awesome.

Here's the song they're famous for:

And the retarded music video for it:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't surprise me. They do seem to have a ridiculous fetish for 'musical stuttering'.

They really do have a lot of talent, but they need to either mature about 10 years or adjust their target audience by the same amount.

Im really not trying to be a dick here, but why would someone want to develop a taste for that ? The good section of the music has been done many times over, only without the psychological break down called... "lets ride the rap train". I wouldnt be suprised to find the music from the song was plagerized from somewhere.

Gotta have a copy of Vehical if your into that kind of groove but want less cheeze/more integrity
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYoW9yfnsXI&feature=related[/ame]

Damn, I'd forgotten about that song. Good call.

Anyway, I'm not going to let a band's reputation or attitude determine my interest in them. If they make good music, I'll listen to it. I know there are plenty of better bands in the various "groovy" genres of music, but what's interesting about Junior Senior is how many different styles they blend together. If you listen to one of their albums, you'll find that they pretty much borrow defining elements from every single decade of music since the '60s.

Jamiroquai also does an excellent modern interpretation of older styles of dance and pop music, but I've already listened-to the hell out of them, and they're actually not as diverse as Junior Senior from what I can tell.