Best of 2011

Yep. When I thought about that, I thought it was kind of a strange coincidence that his favorite album of the year contains the song people have been accusing DT of plagiarizing...

Well, now when people accuse him of plagiarising, he could make (semi-)valid points by saying stuff like this:
"This is my favourite album of 2011. In fact, I love it so much that I was inspired by it, as you can hear in our music."
or
"I may have used a riff from Red's new album, but at least I gave them credit by saying that their album is the best one of 2011 and thus spreading the world among DT fans."

Nah, I shouldn't take part in a discussion that I haven't been following.;)

Well, at least on first listen, it doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe it's just not my kind of music. There wasn't anything I found myself disliking about the album, but the songs just didn't seem that memorable to me. The only ones that managed to make much of an impression on me were the last two. It was good enough that I'm willing to give it another go at some point in the future though. Maybe I'll take to it then.

I've always semi-liked Red. I saw them live when they played songs from this album and I didn't think much of them(the songs). Now that I do listen to the album version, I don't really feel any different. What's so exceptional here?

Panopticon, Deafheaven, Unexpect, Ash Borer, Fell Voices, Septic Flesh, Woods of desolation, arizmenda, esoteric and Vektor raped