Best of 2014 round up.

Since we are talking about Opeth... If you are looking for something like old Opeth and not just a bad ripoff, and Im sorry to sound like a broken record here, but check out the latest In Mourning, alot of Opeth influenses in some of the tracks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we are talking about Opeth... If you are looking for something like old Opeth and not just a bad ripoff, and Im sorry to sound like a broken record here, but check out the latest In Mourning, alot of Opeth influenses in some of the tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-G7Ro1pwpQ

Its good, but definitely doesnt fill the spot after Opeth in my heart. Tracks are rather monotnous, its more like meloblack to me, just background music, not something for mp3 player.

Its good, but definitely doesnt fill the spot after Opeth in my heart. Tracks are rather monotnous, its more like meloblack to me, just background music, not something for mp3 player.

Obvsiously no band will ever match Opeths back cataloge.
And I take it you have listened to the album a few times and not just judging but the clip I just posted?

Yup, I listened to it 2 times already since you posted it some days ago. As I said, it's good music, but more of a background one for me. I think i just didnt like 1 track only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-G7Ro1pwpQ

I've only listened to Monolith - which I liked - but this song is pretty damn good also!

Shelter is my favorite Alcest album. It's pure shoegaze without any metal at all, but goddamn the melodies are dreamy and awesome :) Check it out :)

I might give it a spin then, however I am a big fan of their mix with extremeness and then going all clean. Mixing clean vocals and softer parts with harsh vocals and extreme parts is probably my favorite thing about music :lol:

I'll give it a try though!

Speaking of bands that sound somewhat like Good-Opeth, here's one with little prominence

their new album is not that good :( As to Opeth, I would've liked an album featuring the best parts of Heritage and PC while individually they're half filler for me. I definitely enjoy Eternal Rains, Voice of Treason and Cusp of Eternity; Moon Above and Faith in Others have their moments, but that's not enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

I pretty much agree. I like In Mourning well enough but there is only like one or two tracks per album that really grab me.