Best Christian Metal Albums

Thank you, much appreciated. Death is one my favorite bands, Chuck was a brilliant artist (R.I.P.)..

This x1000!

I love Death, and the 90's death metal scene in general. Did you ever get into Cynic? Personally, I think they are one of the greatest bands I have ever heard. Original, technical, jazzy, yet the songs all flow seamlessly and somehow have hooks to them. A very difficult thing to do in fusion/jazz/metal music.

^you're right Matt :) there's something amazing about Cynic, I know I'm way too young to have been there when Focus came out but I love it nevertheless. The new stuff was a breath of fresh air as well :D

^you're right Matt :) there's something amazing about Cynic, I know I'm way too young to have been there when Focus came out but I love it nevertheless. The new stuff was a breath of fresh air as well :D

I’m in the same boat. I mean Focus came out in 1993 so I would have been in kindergarten learning to color inside the lines. I bet if I would have heard it then I would have loved it though. :)

I really dig the new stuff they have been doing and anticipate the new album they are recording now like a kid anticipates Christmas.

This x1000!

I love Death, and the 90's death metal scene in general. Did you ever get into Cynic? Personally, I think they are one of the greatest bands I have ever heard. Original, technical, jazzy, yet the songs all flow seamlessly and somehow have hooks to them. A very difficult thing to do in fusion/jazz/metal music.

Ya know... I've never gotten deep into Cynic, but the stuff I have listened to has been different (in a good way) and inspiring. I am going to have to check them out more in depth. Thanks for the heads up! Usually when I crank early 90's death metal it's Death and Cannibal Corpse.

Ya know... I've never gotten deep into Cynic, but the stuff I have listened to has been different (in a good way) and inspiring. I am going to have to check them out more in depth. Thanks for the heads up! Usually when I crank early 90's death metal it's Death and Cannibal Corpse.

I've been digging CC as of late. Tomb of the Mutilated is just a fantastic album. I don't care who you are, that's good stuff. I haven't heard the newest album yet, but it seems to be getting rave reviews all over the place.

I haven't listened christian bands very much, especially those who come from other countries as the one I live in. As a Finn I've heard many finnish christian bands (yep, there are more to them than only HB :D) and some of them are really good, I actually prefer them to HB. Counting Theocracy in, my favourites would be maybe:

Theocracy - As the World Bleeds
Theocracy - Mirror of Souls
Theocracy - Theocracy
Disciple - O God Save Us All
Disciple - Horseshoes and Handgrenades
Skillet - Awake
Skillet - Comatose
Miriam - Karu maa
kls. - Sokea toista taluttaa
kls. - Vedä Henkeä Nyt

Miriam and kls. are finnish. kls. is actually making music in english too like HB as ''Ablaze Us''.

Looks pretty monotonous to me. I'd be glad if you recommended me some christian bands, willingly something sounding like Theocracy/Disciple and that kind of stuff.

Hi everyone ... I'm new here ... just found out about Theocracy a few weeks ago, and really LOVE their stuff ... musically and lyrically. I have MOS and ATWB. I'm waiting to hear their fist album until the re-mixed version is released this fall.

I'm not sure whether there are rules against resurrecting old threads, but had something I wanted to share ...

A great Christian band that technically isn't metal ... though has significant Dream Theater influences ... is Orphan Project. They have 2 full length releases that are both awesome ... though I recommend starting with Orphan Found. It is really exceptional.

Here is some info from their Facebook page to give you a little flavor of what they are all about:

Orphan Project was conceived in November of 2001 in Abingdon, MD, when vocalist Shane Lankford approached John Wenger with an idea to create a concept album on physical and spiritual adoption. Thus, the process began to create a soundscape that could handle the lyrical depth of trying to find an identity that Lankford, himself being an orphan, was searching for. With influences such as Kansas, Yes, Peter Gabriel, Dream Theater, and U2, they released their debut album on Trinity Records entitled "Orphan Found" was completed in June of 2003, with production being handled by keyboardist Tony Correlli, and a live string ensemble arranged by Wenger. With the addition of several live musicians, they would also go on to play shows locally around their hometown. Between 2003 and 2005, the band was to go on hiatus, with Lankford lending his vocal talents to Trinity Records founder Rob Perez's band Visual Cliff, and himself and current Orphan Project bassist Bill Yost working on another project entitled "Fall of Echoes". In 2008, Orphan Project would reform and return to the studio to create a 19 minute EP entitled Orphan Project II, which would be a 4 song EP featuring three brand new originals, as well as a Pink Floyd cover. .

In summer of 2008, NePlusUltra Music would take interest in and sign the band on to release a new full length.

The band would release their new album, "Spooning Out The Sea" on June 30, 2009.

Orphan Project's material incorporates elements that fans of hard rock, progressive rock, metal, and even adult contemporary will be able to appreciate. Current band members consist of vocalist Shane Lankford, bassist Bill Yost, guitarist Steve Cyford, drummer Tim Kehring, and keyboardist John Neiswinger.

Where is Siloam?
Dying to live and Sweet Destiny was 2 of my best fav album for more than 15 years.

I dont think I can't find such christian metal till I find Theocracy.
Even its very late i find their album, 10 years late :cry:

Now I can say that all Theocracy's is my best albums :headbang:

Has anyone mentioned Extol? Their newest album is a beast.

I've mentioned Extol several times on here. Their newest album is definitely album of the year, in my opinion.

Some new albums I might as well mention:

Monotheist - Genesis of Perdition.
If you're into death metal and you haven't heard this EP then you're missing out big time. Seriously. Go listen to this. Now.

Oh, Sleeper - The Titan EP
Fantastic EP that is up to the standard of their previous material. Does not disappoint.

7 Horns 7 Eyes - Throes Of Absolution
Deathcorey at times which is a turn off but overall the album is worth listening to.

Brokenflesh - Warbound
Deathgrindcorewhatever that some people will definitely hate and others love.

The last two probably are gonna be pretty meh for a lot of you here. The first three (including Extol) are all worth your time.

I hate it when I can't find downloads for bands like this. There's no way I'm gonna spend money on their album but I also don't want to forget that they exist.

Rawshik,

Here is a link to one of their songs on youtube. The artwork on the video is from their second album ... Spooning Out The Sea ... but the song is actually the first track from their debut ... Orphan Found. I'd really be interested in hearing what you think.

If you like it, I promise you won't be disappointed in the rest of their stuff. You can download both of their albums via Amazon if you are interested.

Best

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Renascent would make another album with the same lineup. I loved everything about them.

the same line-up would be great, especially with Barry! here is their latest update, which in two days it will be a year since of this update. they are in process of recording a new album, but i know it will take a while...it will come in due time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is difficult... there are so many good albums and I've liked so many of them... but I'll try;

1. Theocracy: As the world bleeds
2. Theocracy: Mirror of souls
3. Impellitteri: Screaming symphony
4. Guardian: Miracle mile
5. Rob Rock: Eyes of eternity
6. Disciple: By God
7. Extol: Undeceived
8: Siloam: Sweet destiny
9. Decemberadio: Satisfied
10. Fear Not: Fear Not
Ken Tamplin, Whitecross, Neal Morse, Divinefire, Modest Attraction, Charlie Shred, Narnia, German Pascual, King James... There are so many!
I've owned maybe about 1000 cd's over the years and all christian music and most of it metal, heavy or hard rock. And I've loved so many of them. Now I have maybe 500 left.

I don't own many christian metal albums (yet). But there are a few standing out for me:

Golden Resurrection - Glory to My King => Christian Liljegren can be very... enthousiastic lyrically. But somehow on this album, it works for me.
Harmony - Chapter II: the Aftermath => some quality stuff on this one. Only a bit disappointing the singer isn't a christian.
Narnia - Enter the Gate => very consistent album, their best with Christian Liljegren.
Narnia - Course of a Generation => my favourite Narnia album, punchier than the rest and I can relate way better to the lyrics.
Seventh Avenue - Southgate => the only Seventh Avenue album that can keep my attention all the way to the end.
Sinbreed - When Worlds Collide => my first christian metal album. I love it.
Theocracy - Theocracy => what can I say? First album by grandmaster Matt, the fairly low sound quality cannot hide the great musicianship.
Theocracy - Mirror of Souls => perfect album for me, musically it's great, the lyrics are even greater. Still can hardly believe that's possible. My absolute favourite.
Theocracy - As the World Bleeds => also a flawless effort. Very consistent in its high quality, never gets boring.

Yes, I am a big Theocarcy lover ;)